Baja build after a few years away

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'all want a good laugh?

You have to pull the plug you put in the exhaust, to keep out debris, out of the exhaust before you put the pipe on, or no motors are going to start. Just... saying, this might have happened....to a friend....

Put a rovan/KM/chinesium 34 i knew HAD been running in it this AM, and got my forearm workout in before I umm.... discovered the issue.

Cycling the receiver pack, will get the kill switch hooked up and test drive sometime today. Reaaonably sure the reed motor will run( has more compression that this one), but its going to get the piston/ring/gasket kit go over and clean up, maybe a mesh mod, before I mess with it.

My living room looks like a cy/zenoah graveyard, called in some old favors and basically layed hands on every 2 stroke I could find to get a runner.... think I'm up to 3 cy 260/280 sized 4 bolts, a 10 year old OBR two bolt, a chineseium 36 and 34.... I'm missing some. Have to build a test stand and see what's still good.

20210116_173626.jpg

Went to install the new steering system yesterday, and found this......MONGO TIGHTEN BOLT! I really think this was just straight overtightening. New parts on the way.

I did get a snappy 3 port grommet with FFRC fittings, and darksoul QDs installed. Also set it up so I can use my fuel pump instead of the cap.

Picked a up a TR quick diff case when DDM had them on sale, and have components for the reed block so thats on the plate for the foreseeable future. Also going to have to 3d print a new batt box for my symmetrical steering so my killer receiver battery will fit.

My A.pia arms came in today....holy hell! The only issue..... I don't know if I have the heart to put something this pretty on a car where I know it will get messed up!

Anyone have tips for getting bearings out of hostile one piece hubs besides "hit them"? I've installed several sets recently, but not had to change them in way to long. I acquired a used set for almost nothing, but a bearing is locked up.

freeze em

Thought about that, maybe freeze then heat the aluminum.

I'm not sure what the socket is going to accomplish, you can't hit the rear side of the race with it, you'd have to tap them out internally. A press and that doggone thing we used would make it easier but..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks