Baja how to remove stock clutch and spring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingin

I tried the search button but no luck.

My Km baja clutch seems to be kinda weak and I have a hpi baja SS stock clutch sitting so thought Id upgrade it but don't know how to remove the 2 bolts holding down the shoes. Is there a special tool or do I have to remove the pull start cover on the other side and hold down the shaft????
Thanks first Gas rc so hate sound stupid but didnt want to break anything.

You need to remove your spark plug, and insert string, or a piston stopper, or similar, to stop the rotation.
Then, if necessary, you need to loosen the screws - ease-oil, gentle-but-firm hammer, then try unscrewing.
There are several unfortunate stories of broken screw heads on this forum, so it's one of those more care situations.
Easy enough job 'though.
Al.

Once the screws are removed, the 2 shoes come off as a unit - overlapping, held by shape and the spring.
REMOVING the spring is easy, REPLACING can be a little, erm, frustrating - that spring is stronger than you think !!!!
Al.

After using some sandpaper on the shoes they are grabbing great. So I will put off on replacing clutch shoes with the SS ones. piece of cake lol

Third run today and beat the piss out of the KM baja slammed it into the curb and bent the upper rear arm, bead lock ring,
But it kept on wanting more.
Think my z590 throttle servo is about to go, stock steering servo is pretty much done too and gonna need new rear tires (doing donuts is so much fun). I love it, so much more fun then Nitro's

After using some sandpaper on the shoes they are grabbing great. So I will put off on replacing clutch shoes with the SS ones. piece of cake lol

Third run today and beat the piss out of the KM baja slammed it into the curb and bent the upper rear arm, bead lock ring,
But it kept on wanting more.
Think my z590 throttle servo is about to go, stock steering servo is pretty much done too and gonna need new rear tires (doing donuts is so much fun). I love it, so much more fun then Nitro's

Its cost me roughly £200.00 to replace a chassis,servos,top brace and battery and radio reciever.They are the weak points in the clones.
Ask Pablo,Hyperpete,Jacko,Jace they seen this runaway and its not funny! It might of hit a driver or one of their cars!
It comes down to poop ,cheap elecs.But as they say "Ya pay ya money,ya get ya price!" and my price was a biggun.
Be carefull.!!!Get good radio gear.
J.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks