Baja project v4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monster1-4

Since I have decided to take a different route with my baja, the title didn't fit anymore so I have decided to create a new thread.
The last configuration thread is here.

The last configuration.

New engine 9.9hp OBR Full Mod G340 Reed with High Performance Billet Transfert.

The trusted G320RC stock it's replacing.

Was expecting a 1107 carb but received a 990.

New chassis to accommodate the new cage

Last edited:
New inner chassis rails.

New outer chassis rails

Decided to use a steering servo (HS805mg) for throttle. More for braking power than acceleration.

You aren't going to leave that plastic adjustable rod for the steering on there are you after all that work?

If you are talking about the steering linkage turnbuckle, this is not the stock one. I made this one out of a Redcat XB steering link ends (bigger) and M5 bolt.it has been holding up good so far.

Last edited:
Your work is major!! Although I want to see the finished product, I'm enjoying what you are sharing. I have to admit to being jealous of that motor!!! Keep up the good work!!

Received my Silverback Guerrilla rear 5t wheels so the 5b desperado can now go back to the hostile 5b tires.

Also receive my Team Twisted yamadude linkage. Kind of surprised to see that the stock rod is sturdier and stronger.

Imo, it would be better if you use dual servo setup for your steering. Just like Losi or MCD.
You will see improved steering on and off power.

Also, as an advice, ditch those arms.

A-arms. I believe they're integy?

Imo switch them. Since you're modding everything, i suggest Losi Mini Rally arms. Make them fit.

They're the same arms used in the 5ive buggy conversion that they race in powerjam.
Also they're one of the toughest out there

Nope, they are not integy. They are the KM ones that came with the baja 3 years ago. They have been holding up to abuse since then.

Nope, they are not integy. They are the KM ones that came with the baja 3 years ago. They have been holding up to abuse since then.
KM is even worse.
I have had my fair share of snapping those arms on a less than 3 feet jumps. (I have pics lol)

Not a big fan of Alloy arms. That's why.
But consider my suggestion. Take a look at it. Its been track and race proven. You wont be disapointed.

KM is even worse.
I have had my fair share of snapping those arms on a less than 3 feet jumps. (I have pics lol)

Not a big fan of Alloy arms. That's why.
But consider my suggestion. Take a look at it. Its been track and race proven. You wont be disapointed.

Ok no problem. When they break or bend I'll Make my own or get rpms.

Should receive the VRC pipe and black magic steel gears today. Then I'll be able to start it.

As it sits.

image_zpsejwgdyrv.jpg

image_zpsiu5j19t1.jpg

No wing, can't decide.

image_zpsbgpypp7h.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks