Baja question .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barber213

I have a baja that I upgrade the gear case and gears to turtle racing and hostile . I noticed that the brakes seem tight . I realized the problem is the vertigo right rear engine mount . It’s pulling the brakes to one side . Would it be a problem if I don’t use it and replace it with just a nut on the screw . Here’s some pics . Oh and what is the purpose of this screw ? Trying to figure it out .

IMG_3391.jpeg

IMG_3390.jpeg

IMG_3389.jpeg

IMG_3392.jpeg

There is a front and rear engine mount on both sides of the engine for rigidity and support. Some have that mount built into the carrier and some have a separate mount like you have. I personally would not run it without it but that's up to you. I would put it back on and loosen all your mount bolts, including the 3 under the engine and make sure the engine is in there square, then tighten everything back up. Don't forget to loosen the gear plate also. It should all go back together correctly. Not sure what that small screw purpose is🤔 The Baja platform can be a pita at times. Sometimes you have to walk away and take a drink then come back to it. Good luck.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks