baja questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are never going to double your speed with an engine change. This thing going 80mph would be nuts. If you want the most speed you need to stay with the stock size crank... like the zen260.

However HPI did just release a 18 tooth pinion so that should give us some more speed. And some other aftermarket companies are working on gearing as well.

And if this is going to be your first rc...its gonna be more than fast enough. Even if your buddies lst is a little faster...you'll be able to run him over. Run some fuel thru the stocker before dropping a bunch of cash on a bigger motor. Getting the xcan really wakes up the stocker and costs only $80.

Lastly if you aren't totally sold on the Baja yet.... just go watch your buddy tune and try to start his nitro. Plus he'll go thru a bunch of glow plugs. I'm still on my same stock spark plug after 3.5 gallons.

Kid,

I would suggest that when you get your car, run it and see what you think. As stated earlier, it is going to be plenty fast for you at the beginning. This large scale is about more than just speed. Even if you are faster than your friends, driving this car takes a different approach if you are going to successfully negotiate at ANY speed. It doesn't handle like the cars that you are probably used to driving. For now, I would concentrate on those available accessories that will enhance the stock vehicle. The X Can muffler is, from my experience, probably the easiest and most cost effective performance upgrade to start with. Use the engine you are paying for and learn the basics on that. I've seen others ask these types of random questions as you have been asking. Keep in mind, that's ok, and we're all eager to help. In my humble opinion, though, your eagerness to just get the ultimate engine to do "everything" shows that you lack the experience with this type of vehicle, engine, etc. Don't screw up an expensive power package trying to learn the basics. My suggestion would be for you to cut your teeth on the stocker for now, gain your experience, and move on when your knowledge and driving skills have progressed. Good luck, Kid.

Steve Z

I agree with RevToTheRedline, and everyone else. I have raced onroad nitro, and played with nitro and electric monster trucks. i was always looking for more speed, always tuning looking for that sweet spot. Then I got my Baja. No More!!
When you get a 25Lb Baja coming at you full speed , buzzing by at full throttle, the last thing I'm thinking about is how many MPH it is going. My mindset is WOW!! That's awsome!! Lets do it again!! That exaust sound is great. hard to explain until you get one.
Don't be in such a rush to upgrade. I have run the stock engine and exaust without the stinger, and it ROCKS just the way it is. Use a good oil, and the stock engine should last.

I know we get tired of hearing the same questions...but the question of how fast it goes...is the number one question asked by just about everyone. Whenever someone sees me driving they always ask how fast.

fwiw, you can have a sticky at the top of the forum named

"ACTUAL MPH INFO FOR DIFFERENT COMBOS OF MOTORS/PIPES/GEARING>

and you ll still get HOW FAST DO THEY GO posts right under the sticky.
its the way a forum works.

out of 20 people. 2 will read the sticky, 18 will post the question.

I would suggest running the Baja as a stocker before buying a single aftermarket hop up. Once you drive it stock and get used to its handling and power you will see the differences a small change like a pipe or porting will make. Even removing the stinger from the stock muffler free's up the ponies in the engine so try running it as is then go from there and figure out what it is you want from your car.

I would suggest running the Baja as a stocker before buying a single aftermarket hop up. Once you drive it stock and get used to its handling and power you will see the differences a small change like a pipe or porting will make. Even removing the stinger from the stock muffler free's up the ponies in the engine so try running it as is then go from there and figure out what it is you want from your car.

Here Here!!

I have used that philosophy on the HBF many times now ;)

If you drive it in stock from you'll have even more of an appreciation for each upgrade.

Like Inferno.ca said.... taken the stinger off makes a nice difference. I waited until I ran a tank before even taking it off.

That is what I am going to do exactly. I have to admit though it will be hard to be running the stocker and looking at the 27.2 ESP staring at me from afar! LOL I am going to run the stocker just as is for a tank or two and then throw the Dominator on and run it for a week like that.

just wondrin if anyone has setup a zenoah in a xrc buggy?if not does any1 know what i can use to replace the stock xrc motor without too much modification?cheers!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks