Baja won't launch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoneRogue

Hey guys,

Just put a new engine as my last one went bad after sitting for a year in my garage and me not prepping it for storage. Anyways, now after fixing some fuel issues the thing won't launch properly. It just sort of revs a bit and sometimes goes for a second. I've played with the low needle carb settings but if I rich it anymore it's gonna flood and of I lean it it will just stall with throttle, attached is some videos.

In the second one I lift it up and the wheels spin easier

Any thoughts or advice as always much appreciated.

Cheers

as it revs when ya tip it forward mate, check you aint got the fuel lines the wrong way round,
the clunk line should go to the bottom of carb and the return line to the top of the carb (y),
go back to carbs base needle settings if you have got the lines the wrong way, and go from there,

did you try stock carb settings and just raising the idle? the motor sounds like it's working ok, are you sure it's not something in the driveline?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks