Baja wont start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nolimit

Ok bought a used baja 5 b it ran great but didnt have a kill switch on it so i installed one an took it out for a spend as soon as it started it took off like a bat out of hell i still had the pull starter in my hand an didnt let go it was doing donuts i quickly hit the kill the switch an now i cant get it started at all i uninstall the kill switch to eliminate that from the problem but still wont start an suggestions

It might be the ignition coil. Remove the plug and place it in the boot. With the spark plug out of the engine but in the boot pull the cord several times and see if you see a spark. No spark means you need a new coil.

morning nolimit... im sure ive read / heard that the spektrum dx something not to sure on the exact model tho.. don't work on the dynamite kill switch..... mght be worth doing bit of searching on google to find out m8 ... :)

I take it you removed the wiring loom from the coil aswell, not just the little box of tricks? Perhaps the coil wasn't that secure and has moved further away from the flywheel and not able to produce spark. I set my coils so they're just off from the flywheel, perhaps 0.5mm and they always produce good spark. As mentioned above, remove the plug and with it still sat in its cap, rest the electrode end of the spark plug on the top of the engine block touching the ali and pull the starter, you should see it spark hopefully. If it does, pour a tiny bit of petrol down into the cylinder, refit the plug (with your Tx & Rx ON) and pull the pullstart. If it fires then that side of things is OK. Odd how since the killswitch was installed and then removed, it really has killed the engine! I'd look at the carb after that..

I take it you removed the wiring loom from the coil aswell, not just the little box of tricks? Perhaps the coil wasn't that secure and has moved further away from the flywheel and not able to produce spark. I set my coils so they're just off from the flywheel, perhaps 0.5mm and they always produce good spark. As mentioned above, remove the plug and with it still sat in its cap, rest the electrode end of the spark plug on the top of the engine block touching the ali and pull the starter, you should see it spark hopefully. If it does, pour a tiny bit of petrol down into the cylinder, refit the plug (with your Tx & Rx ON) and pull the pullstart. If it fires then that side of things is OK. Odd how since the killswitch was installed and then removed, it really has killed the engine! I'd look at the carb after that..
All plugs are tight an there is spark

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks