bartolone xp silenced pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tube has a 12.7mm (1/2") inner diameter, 19mm (3/4") outer diameter.

Cheers

Unfortunately the exhaust tip on my silenced pipe is too short to be able to get a tube/hose to properly grab on. Just not enough surface area.

I can't get a hose clamp to grab on.

Any suggestions?

I just hate the fact that sludge gets all over the chassis form the exhaust.

i feel your pain on the sludge.i recently took mine to a local welding shop to get an extension on it.what a mistake.you can tell they screwed up and burned hole through it and just put gobbs and gobbs of weld over it.the pipe must weigh 2 pounds heavier than it did originally.stevie wonder couldve done a better job lol

I also took the pipe to have an extension welded. He used gas welding instead of electric. Small blobs but nothing too serious.

I went ahead and bought a silicone tube from traxxas.

It comes in 2 pieces.

A coupler attaches to the opening and a tube attaches to the coupler as an extension.

I zip tied the coupler to the pipe and also added some super glue to really stick it on.

Has worked great.

Last edited:
Which traxxas part number did you buy? I have tried I thought everything and I can not get a coupler to stay on the end of the pipe. Yes I tried with super glue also. So I would love to try you new idea also.

On my old traxxas revo I used to lose silicone extensions all the time.

I finally just drilled a hole through the stinger/exhaust tip big enough to slide a steel rod (about the same diameter thickness of 1/8 scale buggy/truggy sway bars) through it.

Then I made the rod long enough to pass through the silicone extension through the stinger to the other side.

Then I ziptied the silicone tube above the rod so that if the tube started slipping the rod would act as a stop for the ziptie.

I never lost silicone extensions after that.

Which traxxas part number did you buy? I have tried I thought everything and I can not get a coupler to stay on the end of the pipe. Yes I tried with super glue also. So I would love to try you new idea also.

I never actually looked at part number because I bought mine at local hobby shop.

When looking it up online, the part number seems to be TRA5245.

Hey, I also bought that's silicone extension by traxxas but noticed the diameter is a lot smaller, doesn't this affect the back pressure and performance?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks