Bashing My Raminator ...... !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atom3624

I know, it sounds rude, but that's the name on the bodyshell.
Originally, it was based on the first Losi LST, and used the same chassis as the Aftershock.
Mine's completely rebuilt, with alloy and carbon everything, running a ZR30 Spec2 LRP nitro engine.

One of the many retro fits I've made is to replace the one way gearbox with the LST/LST2 gearbox, with high/low range and reverse.

All of the arms are Dynamite red alloy - to match the bodyshell, bulkheads and body mounts, and it's 'LST2 spec', which basically is a little larger and heavier duty than the LST spec, and the rears are fixed geometry - which suits me fine.

I had some problems recently and it wasn't sounding right, so I pulled it apart and replaced all tubing and seals, and all seems fine ....
The ZR30 has had probably 15-18 tanks through it but is still tough .... shame that when I believed it had croaked, it took the opportunity to locate a ZR32 Spec2 for 150 Euros in Finland - same price as the best price in USA, and avoiding the famous added VAT and Post Office 'Handling Charge' - NICE!!

This will have to gather dust a while longer until it finally croaks, then I'll insert the new BEAST - and it is!!
5.2cc sounds nothing on this Forum, but with 25% nitro methane in the mix, IT GOES!

Al.

Hey Atom, I also have a Losi XXL, with a ZR30 in it, and let me tell you, this truck is NASTY :w00t: , I've added the foward only kit, hard anodised shocks w/ yellow springs, skid plates, wing kit and a JP3 pipe. Enjoy your's!! :D

Defo loving it!!

I've fitted carbon fibre chassis, both upper decks as well.
Dynamite posts and servo mounts.
2x Airtronics 94780 Monster Torque steering servos.
Associated servo saver conversion - much stiffer springs.
LST2 Forward/Reverse, High/Low gearbox - love the practicality.
Hard Anodised Losi shocks, TiNi shafts, rubber gaiters and socks.
(I'd had fitted the Integy MSR6 piggy backs, but they're crap - kept leaking and cost me a fortune in replacement cartridges, O-rings etc.)
The Losi shocks don't leak ONE DROP!!
Flextek Gear Cover and Radio Box - both billet aluminium!!
TiNi gears - 2-speed and clutch bell.
RD ?? High volume (220ml) alloy tank and flap.
Tiger Drive on the ZR30 Spec 2 - STILL running perfectly.
High Torque Losi polished pipe and header.
Alloy bumpers - think they're actually Integy, but they're thick on the LST.
Thicker track bar for the steering.

I've kept the Raminator wheels and shell - just fitted a new one - looks fantastic.
The Losi Raminator Chevron tyres have HUGE grip - fantastic tyre.

Oh, and it's got a full body roll cage - one of those they advertise a pickup driving over the truck without damage.

Just had to make a few modifications again - the original shaft drive was worn out, so I've had to fit the Tiger drive - excellent.
Running well.

I'm waiting for a Bumble Bee kit and will fit it.

Great Truck and is one in the eye for those against nitro - still love it, when it's too slippy for the big 2WD FG MT!!

Al.

There's more!!!

All arms and hubs are LST2 specification Dynamite option alloy ones.
Titanium hinge pins.
LST2 to 14mm conversion to accept the Raminator wheels.
Titanium skid plates.

Finished I think!!

Just another bog standard Al ride!!

Al.

There's more!!!

All arms and hubs are LST2 specification Dynamite option alloy ones.
Titanium hinge pins.
LST2 to 14mm conversion to accept the Raminator wheels.
Titanium skid plates.

Finished I think!!

Just another bog standard Al ride!!

Al.

Forgot the:
Dynamite alloy bulkheads, shock mounts, body mounts, braces, end plates.
Alloy chassis rails.
RD ?? = RD Logics.
The Ti skids are Hardcore Racing ones.

Scary if I start thinking of how much is in THAT!!
The battery holder is Integy alloy.
The battery is an LRP 2.2Ah 2S LiPo, with LRP 5A 6V Regulator.

Al.

QUICK UPDATE: .....

I'd changed the 2-speed clutch, but it wasn't moving freely - result being it risked over-revving the engine.
I'd spent the best part of the day trying to adjust it - problem mainly being to access the 2-speed, I have to remove the roll cage each time!!

I ended up not blowing up the ZR30 Spec2, which was definitely maxxing out, but instead, finding out just why I was still seeing fumes coming from the gasket joint to the tuned HT pipe.
Reason? The header was fractured and finally disintegrated completely!!

I like the polished pipe look, so have decided to try out the twin stinger RD Logics pipe. If nothing else, I'll have a header, and can replace the trusty HT pipe.

Another expense, but I enjoy it - not paying the money, but blasting the rig up and down.

Al.

The RD Logics pipe came and .....
The manifold mount is loose on the exhaust from the ZR30 Spec2, so I've had to get a Losi manifold after all!!

I might try mixing and matching for a bit of fun - we'll see how it gets on - not ideal.

Al.

Video of my Aftershock (stock), Lee's XXL ran like crap that day:
Serious bashing, beatyourtruck.com style:
starting at 2:00

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks