battery disconnect, car crashed killerbee only cut engine after crash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new-fg-owner

hay guys just had another smash with my car the fg, was running it all good n nice the car first just went off which i thought hmm checked everything n it was all ok. 5mins later slam hit the curb the battery had come off but the engine was still running and didn't stop untill the car had spun n shell had been ripped off. first time i've had the killerbee not work :s bit worrying luckily the car didn't hit the supermarket window!!

not having a go at killerbee guy cos hes awesom just don't understand what happend because everytime before its cut the engine straight away even this evening before the crash the same thing happend n the engine went off straight away so its very weird

sounds like a mechanical failure rather than electrical.
something jamming the throttle open or locking the servo steering in one direction.
has the servo sweep ends been set.
If its mechanical the kill switch will not seea glitch until the battery is torn out and it loses power

Justin

hay man ya checked everything it was all good can tell it was the battery because it was away from the car, fell off before the car hit the curb. cant think of it being anything else. usually their isnt a delay between the time th ebattery disconnects and the engine cutting. i checked it like 10times in my garden before taking it out to make sure.

had the same thing happen before thats why i got the killswitch. ive got home n everything is working now the battery is connected. servos work ok engine starts. luckily i don't think there is much damage apart from to the bodyshell. i thought its important to post this so if its a problem thats not been seen or known before, it can be sorted out incase it happens again by a freak chance.

1. Check the wires from the killswitch are properly connected into the KB.
2. Similar has happened to me. Sometimes it's through a poor quality plug - replace the plug.

These are the only things that have caused KB problems for me in the past.

YS, 100% agreed, Kent is awesome with fantastic support - PM him.

Al.

How much time went by between when the battery became disconnected and when the engine died? Did the battery just come loose, or did it come unplugged? If battery power is lost the kill switch should stop the engine pretty quick. If the Killer Bee also came unplugged from the two ignition wires then it wouldn't be able to kill the engine.

Please explain in more detail what happened. It sounds like you had two separate incidents. Maybe the first incident made the ignition wiring come unplugged from the kill switch, which would make it unable to kill the engine.

Last edited:
heey it was pretty wierd the killswitch is all connected ok checked that when i got home so hadn't come lose or anything litrally the battery came lose fell off the car. I should have kept the battery where it was. it wasn't a huge amount of time id say about 3 or 4 seconds from the time the car battery came out hit the curb and then engine stopped.

for anyone whos reading i haven't done the thread to slate killerbee there great :) im planning to buy another for my contrast. just thought its important as i said in my last thread to see if its something that needs looking at that hasn't arisen before.

its very odd because as i said before the battery came unconnected just the lead came out the battery and the engine went off straight away that was about 15mins before the crash.

for some reason about 10mins before the crash the engine was killed went off but everything was connected fine checked everything before running again. not sure if that is a coincidence or anything. hmm its a strange one.

guys its so important to have a really good bumper on your car its saved my car big time!! bumper needs replacing and the chassis has a slight kink where bumper screws onto chassis, but touch wood nothing else.

hay dude checked the plug out thats all good and perfect had only done one or two runs so defo wasn't needing replacing or anything quite puplexing has kind of worried me. im sure all will be ok though on here the guys on here are awesom so ill see what everyone thinks.

heey it was pretty wierd the killswitch is all connected ok checked that when i got home so hadn't come lose or anything litrally the battery came lose fell off the car. I should have kept the battery where it was. it wasn't a huge amount of time id say about 3 or 4 seconds from the time the car battery came out hit the curb and then engine stopped.

for anyone whos reading i haven't done the thread to slate killerbee there great :) im planning to buy another for my contrast. just thought its important as i said in my last thread to see if its something that needs looking at that hasn't arisen before.

its very odd because as i said before the battery came unconnected just the lead came out the battery and the engine went off straight away that was about 15mins before the crash.

for some reason about 10mins before the crash the engine was killed went off but everything was connected fine checked everything before running again. not sure if that is a coincidence or anything. hmm its a strange one.

guys its so important to have a really good bumper on your car its saved my car big time!! bumper needs replacing and the chassis has a slight kink where bumper screws onto chassis, but touch wood nothing else.

If the engine was revved up high it could take a few seconds for it die.

How did the battery come loose anyway? No battery box?

hay dude sorry taken ages to get in touch, i had moved the battery to the side of the car to try and change the weight at the front, tied it on with loads of plastic ties but don't think it was secure enough silly of me.

im still going to buy another killerbee i have faith lol it hasnt let me down before. still wouldnt buy another killswitch so for anyone reading their really good. have you ever heard of that happening before im guessing im the very first person to have somehting strange like it.

hey guys going to upload a video of a problem ive noticed further on from the crash the killswitch changes its reactions randomly for some reason now. at one point the failsafe from the receiver will work when the transmitter is turned off but not the killswitch and then the killswitch will work when the transmitter is turned off.

this has never ever happend before any heads up on thoughts be cool. id message killerbee the video but you cant send video in a private message on here.

im so confused as to whats going up ive checked and double checked all the wiring is ok hmm. ive always run the receiver failsafe and killerbee together in harmony without a problem before. im going to try it with engine on now n will post another video later. thanks guys

ah turns out my videos are to big even for youtube. lol

hay i managed to get the video up of what i meant in my last post its just bizzare as its alwasy worked perfect all bizzare like i said in video.

for anyone reading please still buy killerbee products because there great!! just want to load this up to see if there is an issue like ive said before that i can help to resolve which hasnt happend to anyone before.

[ame]http://youtu.be/TvqpMgmM1dw[/ame]

here is the link guys have a look and see what you think, also guy from killerbee be cool if you could see what you think sorry i haven't sent it to you personally just having problems sneding it via meessages.

I don't understand why you're pressing the Select button. Is it a V1 or V2 Killer Bee? Plug the Killer Bee into your steering channel and tell me what it does when you do the same test.

hey kent i've re tried what you suggested about channel two i had tried that but the same problem was happening. What i have done now is totally turned off the throttle channel failsafe and the killswitch works ok, channel three failsafe is on aswell as steering failsafe. i tried the killswitch on all three channels but the throttle channel still stopped the killerbee working.

in the video i was pressing the select button because for some reason when the throttle servo failsafe is on pressing this button stops the killswitch working. cheers does your website say not to run a failsafe on the same channel as the killerbee? oh and im running the killerbee v2 for my futaba 3pm.

cheers :)

Should I turn off the failsafe on my stock KM radio system? I haven't ran the truck since installing the super bee, so not sure if I have an issue with my tx/tx failsafe.

!

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I turn off the failsafe on my stock KM radio system? I haven't ran the truck since installing the super bee, so not sure if I have an issue with my tx/tx failsafe.

!

With the Super Bee it doesn't really matter how you set your failsafe. Unless you are using a Spektrum brand radio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks