Bearing sizes for the FG Beetle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

LSF Vendor!
LSF vendor
Im compiling a list of bearings and sizes for the FG Beetle.
So far this is the list that I have come up with.
Are there additional sizes or quantities needed to complete a "Full Set"
Are there any bushings that should be converted to bearings that should be included?

• 2 units 10 X 22 X 6
  • 2 units 10 X 19 X 7
  • 2 units 8 X 22 X 7
  • 2 units 12 X 28 X 8

Thanks for your help.
-Ed

I don't remember. I do know there are 2 per corner in the hub carriers for sure. The firehammer should be the same if you know anyone with on of those to check out.

Ok who would have the best deal on the set of bearings? Id like to buy cause the beetle is being cleaned and some repairs done to it as of now. need a quick reply cause the wife is gone for a few hours and i can order while the cats away

I will have them in stock in aprox. 30-45 days.
I know it doesn't help right now.
They will be better then reasonably priced when I get them in.

Not the bearings you want to be using for an off road RC. The tolerances are way to close for this application and will cause the bearing to fail in this application extremely fast

First off, an ABEC-9 bearing is about 12X the cost of an ABEC-1 or 3. If you are finding them cheap on e-bay, I would question the integrity of the seller. Not saying they aren't what they say they are but unless they are unloading excess inventory or ill gotten inventory its unlikely they are what they say they are.

Here is a little ditty I found a while ago I would quote the source but I cant find it. (SORRY!) "Better" isnt always "better". You need to choose the proper parts for the proper usage.

The ABEC rating system includes grades 1,3,5,7, and 9. The higher the ABEC rating, the tighter the tolerances are, making the bearing a more precision part. High precision and small tolerances are required for bearings to function at very high RPM, in products like high speed routers. In an application like this, an ABEC - 7 or 9 bearing rating may be appropriate.

To explain this another way, choosing an ABEC-7 or 9 bearing for RCs would be like choosing an Indy car to race in the “Baja 500” because Indy cars can go fast and are of high precision. It isn’t that the Indy car isn’t a good piece of equipment, just that it is not designed for off road use and so it would quickly fail when its suspension breaks and its engine clogs with dirt.

Totally understand what your saying! But i have never had a single problem with them! And the advantage with them they have the rubber backed seals,so i just pop them out degrease and grease back with silkolene race lube! They have been in my alloy hubes for over a year and a half and they are still like new!!!! If i wasn't so tight i would put ceramic bearings in there!

Roller blade wheel bearings are the same size as the ones needed for the hubs and I saw a pack of 8 at peepee's sporting goods for $18.00 and some change about a year ago. Rubber sealed and all.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks