Beetle Re-build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
Not the shininess of cars but its my dog! built to last.Just got it back together today.Here's a few pics.Just really give it the parts it needs apart from the back end which will be in the future. Jackobyte came down today to help and give it a really good coat of looking at!:clown::clown::clown:
j.

Popsicle stick...hee hee !...Its my choke lever! Story behind it,when I was trying to activate the choke it was too hard and fiddly to get to so, I cut the end off and screwed a piece of FRP onto it....BINGO! ,extended choke lever.
J.

Very innovative James..

Safety glasses, He'll need a full protective suite..LOL

Make sure you oil up you air filter real good i messed up my motor one time in a dusty situation..

Chris

Hey James...Lookin good real good...Yah and you know me..no time to clean the cars up
just run the piss out of it.........Slaw

Hey James...Lookin good real good...Yah and you know me..no time to clean the cars up
just run the piss out of it.........Slaw

Is right mate.The bottom tub has had so many repairs but the price of a new one is astronomical! cant wait to get it out tomorrow and thrash the hide off it!
J.

Yeah Chalie,Jackobyte has just got a new poop-hot phone so hopefully he will get a few shots of me leathering it! I took a few vids of my cars with my camcorder but its more trouble than its worth trying to get them off onto Yootoob.
Hey, ya wanna see destruction??? Watch this space tomorrow! ha ha.
J.

Defiantly Ian, make sure you wear a pair of safety glasses ! You'll need them with all dust I'm about to blow in ya face bro!

No probs, i'll also bring the dust pan and shovel, as you'll need something to pick up the pieces with when i slam dunk that beetle with me MT.:2guns::clown:

big E

No probs, i'll also bring the dust pan and shovel, as you'll need something to pick up the pieces with when i slam dunk that beetle with me MT.:2guns::clown:

big E

Ha ha ,yeah....you gotta catch me first!!! Oh, and you'll have to be a pretty poop-hot driver to do that too!:cool2:
J.

looking sweet mate :) love the front end :)

ive got very little hop ups on mine, just the essentials :( ...but this winter gunna start hopping it up a bit! starting wit rear upper A arms & alloy radio plate probs.

noticed you don't have an alloy spur carrier, has the stock one been fine for you? i had a nightmare with mine, the heat traveled down the shaft & melted the inside so it kept slipping! so slapped an alloy one on but kept the actual gear plastic for some give incase the worse happens lol! :)

looking sweet mate :) love the front end :)

ive got very little hop ups on mine, just the essentials :( ...but this winter gunna start hopping it up a bit! starting wit rear upper A arms & alloy radio plate probs.

noticed you don't have an alloy spur carrier, has the stock one been fine for you? i had a nightmare with mine, the heat traveled down the shaft & melted the inside so it kept slipping! so slapped an alloy one on but kept the actual gear plastic for some give incase the worse happens lol! :)

I've had the alloy carriers mate but if there was anything to give in the drive train it was the spur gear all the time(I use a metal pinion)!So replacing the alloy carrier with the original plastic carrier means when things blow its the carrier that gets it not the spur(spurs are dearer than carriers) and I've got a few laying around.
J.

ahh yeh very true dude :)

touch wood ive had no probs so far, the thing i read about mostly with a tripped spur gear was when jumping if ya didnt have to alloy upper A arms cuz the stock plastic ones would flex a little & could hit the spur gear stripping its teeth :(

needless to say, when my stock carrier melted i had no idea what it was at the time, was somehwere in wales with a mate who brought his ST, 1 min my MB was boucncin about the next nothing! ..didnt suss out what it was until i got home & stripped it all down lol (spot the noob eh!!)

so after that i decided to slap on an alloy carrier but keeping the gear stock plastic, 1 thing im gunna get is alloy body mounts for ther side of my shell cuz ive gone through loads of the plastic stock ones, keep workin em selves loose (even when i use super glue to hold the thread!) & i end em losin em, so fkin annoying!

touch wood ive had no probs so far, the thing i read about mostly with a tripped spur gear was when jumping if ya didnt have to alloy upper A arms cuz the stock plastic ones would flex a little & could hit the spur gear stripping its teeth :(

needless to say, when my stock carrier melted i had no idea what it was at the time, was somehwere in wales with a mate who brought his ST, 1 min my MB was boucncin about the next nothing! ..didnt suss out what it was until i got home & stripped it all down lol (spot the noob eh!!)

so after that i decided to slap on an alloy carrier but keeping the gear stock plastic, 1 thing im gunna get is alloy body mounts for ther side of my shell cuz ive gone through loads of the plastic stock ones, keep workin em selves loose (even when i use super glue to hold the thread!) & i end em losin em, so fkin annoying!

Agreed on the alloy upper arms,I have just alloyed all my MT (well still in the process but have all the parts) Wow ,you have had a problem with your mounts aswell! I took mine off the MT because they were working loose all the time.i just use two fronts and two rears now.Think theres some on fleebay now that finishes today.
J.

Alloy upper rear A arms are needed because the stock plastic ones were known to break where the shaft runs into the plastic due to the rear flex. The only thing to take flex out of the rear is to upgrade to lower rear alloy arms. You can also buy rear arm risers with alloy uprights and that will make the flex a non issue with your gears.
I just dremeled a slot in the metal arm shaft and run metal gears.
If in doubt, take your rear tire off, grab hold of the rear end with alloy upper a arms and plastic lower arms and twist. :eek:

touch wood so far ive had no probs with my stock parts, but i heard alot about people avin probs with them flexing (especially when doing big air & landing badly!) causing it to slap the spur gear :(

but gunna order meself some alloy ones, jus not decided on colour yet, blue looks sexi though :D lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks