Bellcrank measurements

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabe

Can anyone give me some bellcrank measurements, please?

Would anyone be able to give me some of the dimensions for the steering bellcrank assembly, please? I'm most interested in the height (of the posts) and the distance, when mounted, between the two sets of holes on the bellcrank arms. Thicness of the inner post rods would be nice too...

For that matter, if anyone's got an extra one lying around to take measurements on, you where to send it :)

Thanks in advance,

Fabiano

Last edited:
Thanks, I was looking for the following diemnsions when the bellcrank is mounted (page 15 of the manual):
- height and diameter of 86629
- height of 85414
- center distance between 86411 and 94566

The reason is to see if I can adapt it for use on my custom project. Thanks again,

Fabiano

Darn, I was looking at the SS manual here. The parts were easier to find. In the 5B manual, it took me a while to find them but they're all shown on page 59.

I am looking to mount this on a custom project so the important things are the height of the bellcrank arms (85414), but I'm, not sure if they require bolts on top to secure them (that would add more height to it). Then, once mounted, the distance between where 86607 and 86411 go, so that I will be able too tell the separation between bellcrank arms and the distance between where the steering turnbuckles mount.

Sorry if that was too confusing, but thanks again.

I am looking to mount this on a custom project so the important things are the height of the bellcrank arms (85414), but I'm, not sure if they require bolts on top to secure them (that would add more height to it). Then, once mounted, the distance between where 86607 and 86411 go, so that I will be able too tell the separation between bellcrank arms and the distance between where the steering turnbuckles mount.

Sorry if that was too confusing, but thanks again.

85414 = 39mm or 1 3/8" high approximately - Its hard to measure installed. That does not include the bottom and top fitting. Total clearance is 2"
There are no bolts, they are held in place by the rod 86629 that runs through two small bearings that sit in the top and bottom of the arm and then inserts in the bottom 85414 part the is set in the two holes drilled in the frame and the 85414 part on top that sits int he top plate holes on part 87420.
Once mounted the part 86607 is around 1 5/8" and the two arms flare away from each other to a total width of around 2 3/4".
There and you thought your explanation was bad.:clown:

Click to enlarge:

Last edited:
Thanks BtB, you the man! So how much will one of these complete assemblies set me back? I feel that my Mini-mo has a little slop in the steering and was looking for something a little more heavy duty...

Have you thought of a FG type servo saver / steering linkage? The Baja one is nice due to the two areas its fastened.

I'm not familiar with the FG ones. I was thinking of the Baja one for the reason you stated and because I hoped the dimensions would be adaptable, which I think they are.

if you think the Baja setup will work, but would like it to be a bit stronger. you can always look at the Integy Baja Bell Crank setup, its mostly all metal so should be stronger if your application calls for it.

if you think the Baja setup will work, but would like it to be a bit stronger. you can always look at the Integy Baja Bell Crank setup, its mostly all metal so should be stronger if your application calls for it.

Yeah, I pondered doing that, but don't think Integy sells the springs, bearings and screws required to complete the setup. Am I missing something, or are you supposed to use the ones from the stock setup?

The reason I ask is the FG's and DTX FH's servo saver set up is the simplest but not strongest. The stress point is on the bottom of the shaft where it is machined thin. (Part8889) They are also the cheapest set up. They measure out at 1 1/5" from top to bottom so fitting between two plates is a matter of two holes two screws and bam it set.
One set of each will get you a full working setup:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHTS8&P=PU
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHTT1&P=PU
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHTZ1&P=PU
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHTZ5&P=PU

You can order from any DuraTrax Local Hobby Shop (LHS)

Last edited:
Hmm, the type of spring on the FG is like what I have made, yet I used two bellcranks like the Baja. The duratrax one would fit better, but would require more modifications to the setup. Also, although the parts cost 8.99, the shipping is 18.99 :rolleyes:

I might have to wait and add the Baja bellcrank to my order from DDM.

Thanks so much for all of the pics and measurments.

Fabiano

Hmm, the type of spring on the FG is like what I have made, yet I used two bellcranks like the Baja. The duratrax one would fit better, but would require more modifications to the setup. Also, although the parts cost 8.99, the shipping is 18.99 :rolleyes:

I might have to wait and add the Baja bellcrank to my order from DDM.

Thanks so much for all of the pics and measurments.

Fabiano

Remember you can order through any LHS that carries DTX and there is no shipping.

btb, that unit looks exactly like the stock plastic unit that was on my stock berg too.

Copy of a copy of a copy. lol, they are all slightly different but I use the DTX in my FgMT and keep spares because of the cost and availability of FG parts.

Hey guys, I FINALLY received the backordered bellcrank - what a wait...Anyway, what I'm wondering, now that it's in front of me, is why is there a difference in spacing between the posts and the part that joins the steering bellcrank arms. I was under the impression that this will lead to non-linear steering as the arms will no longer trace out semi-circles but rather ellipses. Am I just being crazy?

Yep, I believe that the steering arms would travel in a more linear fashion if the arms were parallet to one another. I can't understand why they would make it slanted, unless the wheels require a non-linear travel. Maybe I'm too picky. Yeah, that's probably it since I'll modify it in some way.

It's designed that way so the steering linkage will not hit the front bulkhead and lower arms. You could Fabe up a smaller linkage like you said and it would work just fine that way.:)

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks