bent a front shock and its leaking ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have slightly bent the front shock and is now leaking oil on my km while pulling of some nice jumps , can i fix it and if so how ? if not i will have to replace it .... cheers .:hammer:

if the shaft is bent and its leaking ,i,d say it new shock time i took my baja out for the 1st time when i got it new bent a shock in half and chewed a spur gear up, its sucks but 5th scales can be heavy on wear and tear parts due to there weight and power,

You can straighten a bent shock shaft with a soft faced hammer.....plastic or copper one...

Just need a bit of persistance and a nice flat board...

Here's one I bent the last time I went bashing at SPERERA's place........ugly landing off a mighty high jump...

Before
DSC01075.jpg

After
DSC01076.jpg

This is a front one.....the original one that came on the car when new...
I got the car in Nov 08......I've glued the ball ends on more times than I can remember......but I don't like buying stuff if I don't have to....

You can straighten a bent shock shaft with a soft faced hammer.....plastic or copper one...

Just need a bit of persistance and a nice flat board...

Here's one I bent the last time I went bashing at SPERERA's place........ugly landing off a mighty high jump...

Before
View attachment 5004

After
View attachment 5005

This is a front one.....the original one that came on the car when new...
I got the car in Nov 08......I've glued the ball ends on more times than I can remember......but I don't like buying stuff if I don't have to....

THANKS I HAVE SORTED IT NOW , CHEERS FOR THE PHOTOS ... I CANT AFFORD TO BUY NEW STUFF :clown:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks