Best buy budget 2.4ghz set...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwarfy

Money is tight at the moment so what is the best budget 2.4ghz set out at the moment? This will be my next purchase - ideally 3ch so I can add a separate brake servo but 2ch will do & keep my existing set up (hi tec 645 for throttle & cable brake). I am currently running the Futaba T2ER 40mhz that came with the car so any 2.4ghz will be an improvement!

Check with CSP1971..I think he has some info on a 2.4 ghz radio for a good price..
....Just hold off a bit on buying....Slawhammer

Hey Dwarfy, i'm using a Annsman W3 2.4, bought new for £69.99, i've had no probs at all with it, its easy to install and plenty of features, ABS which works well (not so much on the rough).
Feels sweet too, solid, but its only my opinion.
2 of my mates have just bought Spektrums which cost £120 and £165, which if i had the cash at the time i'd of gone with but i'm well pleased with the Annsmann.:cool2:

Big E

As Ian said ,if your on a budget and need a really good radio go with the Annsman It has worked for Ian faultlessly and is ergonomically sound! It has a load of features and a cracking footprint to stand it on.
You will not be disappointed.
J.

Thanks lads! I had looked at that 1 but not found any reports on it. The only other 1 within budget at the moment is the spectrum dx3 at je spares for £114. I have always used a stick type transmitter so suppose I will have to get used to a pistol / wheel if I am to go 2.4ghz on a budget. At the moment I do not have any interference on the set I am using but 1 of the lads out with us cannot stand next to me as his car does bonkers!! I don't want this to be my car at full chat hence the want to change!!!

Thanks voo. It looks more familiar to me!! Being a bit thick on more than 3 channels, where do the other 2 channels come from? Is that both sticks moving up/down & side to side? If so, does this make it any more difficult to control the 2 channels for driving a car?

Yes,the sticks move vertical and horizontal.I sold a four channel to Matty and it was the same movement but you will get used to it. In retrospect you can operate the car from ONE stick! if you wanted.Probably come in handy if you bust ya arm or something else that would disable you.
J.

Thanks guys. I think I might change to pistol & will just have to take it easy til Im used to it! Watch out dogs & kids :helpsmilie:

Hey Charl, I found this on fleebay and thought you might be interested?
J.
If you type 2.4 Ghz into fleebay there are some good deals for the cheaper radio if you still want one?
J.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks