best fail safe for fg touring car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for peace of mind id use a 3rd channel kill switch of some sort as this will stop the engine dead a fail safe will only move the throttle to brake position if you lose power or servo gets stuck it wont do anything as i found out once costly runaway i hit a mates full size car and managed to lift it up 4 inchs took 2 of use to lift it up to get my marder out then it had to go through his insurance as i dented his sill badly

+1 Renbar.
Failsafe - will probably brake vehicle depending on battery, brakes, speed, ... but NOT engine.
REMOTE Kill Switch - will ADD to the failsafe and kill the engine.

Some runaways are when the screw comes out of the throttle / brake servo, so a remote kill will kill the engine immediately, the rest will be, erm, history depending on where you are and your speed ... !!
Not funny for many but the 2 items are very necessary for peace of mind and your wallet.

Spektrum have failsafe's built into most if not all Tx / Rx sets.
There are some kill switches available on Ebay for around £25, but I only have experience in Killer Bee, sold by them or through DDM (don't forget the 5% discount). Killer Bee give all manner of compatibility charts and if you have ANY doubts, just e-mail them - they ALWAYS reply.

Al.

most normal failsafes don't do anything when you lose power (they need power to return the servo) so a kill switch is needed. battery comes unplugged, a wire connection comes loose, battery dead. some failsafes will go into failsafe at a voltage threshold, but even that can happen when the draw gets to be a lot from the servos, then it will jump back into operational mode and sometimes the servo twitches when this happens and can stuff you into something close...

I have to call western robotics today and see how they are coming along on their new killswitch. they make the best bec's going, and I am supposed to be testing out the cadillac of kill switches (many options)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks