Best out of the box 1/5 scale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joek72

Hi I am new here so hi to every one. I am going to buy a new 1/5 scale. I have not made up my mine yet so. I what to know what people think the best out of the box rtr 1/5 scale is. I have a redcat Xb. But before I could run it I need tons of work out of the box. So I was think hpi kraken 5b tsk.

I was very impressed with my Losi 5ive-T, and I have two friends that have been quite happy with their Kraken Vektas. Both Vektas were the kit version so not sure how the artr would compare.

Thanks for the replies I was looking at the Losi looks like a bad a$$ truck. The only thing I have heard bad about it was getting a kill switch to work with the radio. The truck look well built and massive.

I got the old bind and drive version and had no problem getting either the dynamite kill switch or the killer RC switch to work with my DX4S, and DX3S. I didn't have very good luck with the Dynamite switch though, started killing the engine at random and couldn't get it to fire the last time it died, didn't even last a full season.

Losi 5ive T. Probably the best out of the box rtr.
The only thing the kill switch has an issue with is the Spektrum AVC. Disable the AVC and the kill switch will work fine.
You mentioned Kraken... don't forget they have a new rtr truck coming out soon but i have no idea what the release date is.

I think my mind is made up Losi 5ive t. If that is the only problem and you just told me how to fix it that is great. Thanks guy. I’m sure I will be upgrading things anyway but I just want to start with a good platform. That will take a beating.

Not many upgrades are really needed, but I have a few on my trucks. First thing is a good pipe, I tried the Losi pipe first than a Victory big bore silenced and much prefer the Victory, the Losi was just too harsh sounding. I also did alloy chassis braces pretty early because, big jumps. Then it was tires Hostile MXTs are awesome in grass! Steering servo died after about 4-5gallons, Hitec D845-WP is probably your best bang for the buck on a servo.

So I have the 5t arriving on Friday wohoo. I also have a @Killer RC switch coming too. Can someone walk me through how to set up the switch on the stock radio. And turning of avc.

Hey there, I have like 4 of these more of a collector not racer. As for kill switch check switches on the actual kill switch it’ll be designated to a channel. Place in that channel or coordinating input on rx and that is it. “Press button” i have these and dynamite on abc and without no issues....simple installl...break in slowly... don’t rush it....

Channel or position...sorry

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks