Best servo's for a Baja

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlito

Hi all

I have an FG Baja which has a Hitec 645 MG servo for the throttle/rear brake and the standard Futaba largescale servo for the steering.

I also have the front cable brakes fitted but the current servo is no where near up to the job of pulling the front brakes hard enough!

I think the steering servo is also playing up as it does not centre properly and drags a bit when returning to the centre position.

I am planning on stripping the whole car down and re-freshing it all this week and wanted to invest in a new set of servos all round to give me the best possible braking and steering within a reasonable budget.

The car will be used off road and on road also with the addition of on road wheels and tyres so the servos need to perform best on both surfaces.

I know Savox servo's are reputed to be one of the best but these are out of my budget.

Have read a few posts recommending the Hitec 5755 as a good steering servo and the same as the Multiplex Rhino, will this give me a more powerfull steering response as the current standard Futaba barley has the power to hold the wheels on a turn when the car is rolling!!

If I do end up going for the 5755 for the steering, I would like to stick with Hitec for the throttle/brake and the front brakes to so which one would have the most torque to pull the brakes?? is there a Hitec with around 18/20kg??

With regards to the front brakes, what torque figure would be sufficient to give them a good pull and hold them under braking??

I have been offered a couple of used Spektrum A6030 sevos from my local model shop which have a 20kg torque figure!!...would these be any good for the throttle/rear brakes and front brakes??

I'm not sure about them being Spektrum as I've had bad experiences with Spektrum transmitter in the past so not sure how there servos perform as I have a Futaba 2.4ghz radio system installed in the car??

All help and advice would be appriciated!!

Cheers.

(Relunctantly) agree the Hitec 5755 is virtually identical to the Rhino - Rhino looks better ... and I'm sure there are other details.
Don't understand how the Savox 1256TG is out of budget - it's 80-85% as good as the Hitec 5955TG and half the price.
Check it out again.
Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks