Best tuned pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way more quiet than a non silenced pipe.

The BEST silenced pipe? Dunno. Depends on who you ask.
I have a Jetpro silenced pipe on my DBXL.

Alright. Just looking for a decent performance pipe that is quiet. Where I run my fith scales is behind some houses. Thanks.

Ive had a jetpro for my redcat and was happy with it, i had a dominator pipe on my baja and had a smile from ear to ear. And i just got a victory rc side pipe for it and haven't stoped giggling like a school girl since i put it on.

I'm running 2017 samba dbxl pipe, i reckon its quieter than the stock can, and definitely much quieter than any unsilenced pipe I've heard

If you do decide to get the Jetpro silenced pipe, the silencer on the pipe is held in place by rivets....they WILL fall out(at least mine did). It's easy to fix though.

The silencer housing for the Jetpro DBXL is welded on but the silencer piece is held on by rivets.
The inside of the silencer is stuffed with fiberglass insulation.
When the rivets first came out, I contacted Dino @ Jetpro..He told me what I needed to fix it or I could ship it back to him and have him do the repairs.

Pipe when silencer fell off and the rivet holes.
upload_2017-5-22_21-9-42.pngupload_2017-5-22_21-10-3.png

Its an easy fix.
Whats needed for repairs.
Rivet gun. $10 from Ebay.
Rivets were $5. from hardware store.
Fiberglass insulation, free. I took some from the attic.
upload_2017-5-22_21-10-56.pngupload_2017-5-22_21-11-17.png

Stuff the insulation back into the silencer housing, put the silencer back on and install the rivets.
It took about 5-10mins to fix

Sorry for hijacking your thread Bajhaha.

Back to the original question.

I have't seen anyone running an x-can on the dbxl but it should be doable..

Last edited:
Looks like I'm gonna go with jetpro. Seems to fit my budget and I haven't heard terrible things about them. Thanx for all the info!

Just make sure you keep an eye on those rivets holding the silencer on the Jetpro. If that silencer comes off when you are running the truck...trust me...you WILL be able to tell the difference in the way it sounds. Check the pipe before and after you run it.

Ive had a jetpro for my redcat and was happy with it, i had a dominator pipe on my baja and had a smile from ear to ear. And i just got a victory rc side pipe for it and haven't stoped giggling like a school girl since i put it on.
I am thinking of getting dominator fast pipe or victory pro pipe do you think the victory was better than the dominator?

Thanks I'm pretty set on victory big bore all the videos I see on you tube they run flawlessly...I was told olimat is even better but I see no videos to back that up

G'day bro not sure I'm a newbie at this but I just got a ddm dominator so I'll let you know how it goes keep in touch bro love dbxl
I'm running 2017 samba dbxl pipe, i reckon its quieter than the stock can, and definitely much quieter than any unsilenced pipe I've heard

I have the dominator on my dbxl. Really woke up the stock engine. I've upgraded the engine and kept the pipe it still performs well. It is very loud... some of the older folks that live back the lane don't care for it so much

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks