Best way to keep tires from doubling in radius at high speeds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tresnsom

Basic question,

At top speed my tires on my baja grow almost double in radius meaning, the go from say 3.5"tall to 5.5" tall.

I guess maybe gluing the foam to the rubber inside tire and then gluing the foam to the wheel? or are there better foams/tire set ups anyone has used so the tires still have full contact with ground at say 45-50mph/

thanks for any ideas or help!!

They sell different stiffness foams, get a hard foam and tape the inside of the tire with a few layers of gorilla tape or ducttape. Be aware that tire growth raises your top speed, so it won't seem as fast with a good tire job.

They sell different stiffness foams, get a hard foam and tape the inside of the tire with a few layers of gorilla tape or ducttape. Be aware that tire growth raises your top speed, so it won't seem as fast with a good tire job.
Thanks! this may be stupid question, but double sided tape? or would gorrila glue be best?

No glue or double sided tape, gorilla tape is like duct tape, it's reinforced with fibers so it does not strech. So 2 layers taped to the inside of the tire (under the tread area) won't let the rubber expand as bad.

No glue or double sided tape, gorilla tape is like duct tape, it's reinforced with fibers so it does not strech. So 2 layers taped to the inside of the tire (under the tread area) won't let the rubber expand as bad.

understood, didnt think of it that way. Thanks for the help
G

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks