better 1/5 scale servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draggline53

Hi guys, I'm in the process of purchasing a losi 5t roller ust wanted to know what do you think is a better servo the hi-tech or the savox. I have a few 1/5 scales with the large size hi-tech servos. just wondering you you think makes the best servo?

There is only one choice if you want the best serve at this time it's Hitec 1000 sgt it's big and strong and it's a complete kit from DDM
Now the bad it is a buget breaker at $500 +
But that's not bad it come with battery and wiring harness and voltage regulator
Now Losi has a new one coming it has been announced its in pipe line it is better then the one that comes in the 5ive
But to be fair the one that comes in the 5 is real good and it lasts
But to answer you question it is Hitec to go with over savox why two year warranty that's just to good to pass up

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm in the process of purchasing a losi 5t roller ust wanted to know what do you think is a better servo the hi-tech or the savox. I have a few 1/5 scales with the large size hi-tech servos. just wondering you you think makes the best servo?

Ok, here's the deal.... As nitro at says, the hitec 1000 is the end all servo ..

But for those on a budget.... Stick with stock...(the steering servo is a rebadged savox 236 anyway) and the most common hitec servo in a losi, the 5765, burns out pretty quick if used by itself...people use them in dual setups...but by then you've spent almost as much as the hitec setup...

Stay with the stock and upgrade the stock battery to the killer rc 7200mah 7.4 volt LIpo... It's only 60 and completely wakes up the stock servo.....

I've raced and bashed with mine ... And when my stock throttle servo went, I used the stock steering servo for that and bought another savox 236 for steering.....not one issue and strong enough for most stuff

Edit...oops, just saw it was a roller...... I'd still go with the savox....only about a hundred us give or take...but definetly the killer rc battery

Last edited:
FS marauder steering servo

The steering servo had 3 chips come off the board after just a couple of runs. Can't find a servo to fit the bolt pattern, they all seem to be a little off. What servo fits this right?

The steering servo had 3 chips come off the board after just a couple of runs. Can't find a servo to fit the bolt pattern, they all seem to be a little off. What servo fits this right?

I am not sure what you have or if you bought yours new or not. If you bought new you should have extra parts also a owners manual. My HPI Baja 5SC came with an adapter for some aftermarket servos. I was lucky I didn't have to use the adapter when I switched mine out. Look at your owners manual, it should talk about changing out servos.

Good luck

What was the stock servo?
Stock servo is FS Racing 30KG Super Powerful servo. Hobbyworx is out of stock, and I really don't want that servo again. After 2 short runs 3 chips came off the circuit board. Hobbyworx blamed it on me. i didn't crash the car i told them that. so I got their recommend relpacement. It was a digital K-DMM300 only 2 screws line up. Same thing with Hitec HS-5765MH Servo. Maybe I should have just gone to the hobby store in the first place and got a HPi car instead of the FS car I got from Hobbyworx.
Thanks for your help

Attachments

• 30cc marauder steering problem 004.jpg
    30cc marauder steering problem 004.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 6
If the stock servo was larger than the 5765, the next larger size is followed by Savox. I recommend the 0236 or 0241. They have the same specs, only the 0241 is waterproof.

thanks PegLeg. The hitech fits just the bolt pattern not perfect. Got 2 screws through the left side. i filed the ears on the right side, then put the screws w/washers on the outside. seems really strong. Go to run it tomorrow. got the Marurder because led lights, 30cc engine and it was $538.00 free shipping
10408951_1056241177725466_8670875381295321357_n.jpg

Attachments

• Pic_0403_055.jpg
    Pic_0403_055.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Marauder 002.jpg
    Marauder 002.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 10
Hi-Tec MG805. Metal gears
Or any Hi-Tec with the MG in the name.
Hello
New to this fun and exciting looking rc business..I bought a red cat shredder for my girl friend.got it out of the box followed the directions for set up..put it on the ground and away
Well tires turn and that's it. I got my self the armor bash roller with hopes of finding the most reliable servo/ motor / GET SOME combo I can afford..any thought

Last edited:
Hello

New to this fun and exciting looking rc business..I bought a red cat shredder for my girl friend.got it out of the box followed the directions for set up..put it on the ground and away
Well tires turn and that's it. I got my self the armor bash roller with hopes of finding the most reliable servo/ motor / GET SOME combo I can afford..any thought
Get top end Futaba and Hilantronics, you won’t look back. 👍🏾

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks