BEWARE OF TOYAN!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thing i thought to myself is "how the hell do you tune and sync four nitro carbs ?? " . Alls i see is a very expensive hugely complex tuning nightmare . But a cool looking desktop show piece đź‘Ť
It's extremely low power output makes tuning a non issue. I'd assume it's a fixed main jet and adjustable low, either way you'd adjust like normal. Or toss that shite bag carb set up, make a one piece manifold and use a bigger carb to feed them all.

If its like any other nitro its an abc piston/sleeve and the carbs don't look too fantastic
Steel liner, alu piston, one ring.
its petrol 4 stroke, liquid cooled? that was my guess, red wires are ignition?

quote of AliExpress offer
Actually they reccomend meth, nitro around 20% nitro fuel. Like nitro heli fuel. At least the alchy helps tuning, though the carbs are very adjustable. I don't know yet if i will run it. I am screwed if i require any replacement parts and don't want to waste the time to make them.

The fire is glow. I've talked with CH cdi ignition and he makes a neat 4cyl ignition using lost spark. It would be a perfect match. But again, whos got the time, especially considering the design flaws from Toyan.

Last edited:
Hello, newbie here. Looks like a nice forum! Thought i would start off by warning members of the vendor Toyan.

I purchased the L400 a couple of months ago and here is my review:

The motor parts are of exceptional quality. Unfortunately that's the only positive.

Shipping was very slow.

The instructions are very poor and have several errors and discrepancies.

There are at least 2 glaring design issues. Minor; the mounting screws for the cam tensioner are too long, bottoming out before doing their job. Medium; one of the water pump mounting screws interferes with the timing belt. Very noticeable and destructive. Toyans fix was to leave off the screw. "It shouldn't leak.

Major issue; when the water pump is installed, mine was bound up and the belt would not turn it. Toyans fix was to leave out two internal teflon wear/seals.

Deal breakers:
I purchased the "complete kit" which was all supplied by Toyan. The mounting base was made for another engine, stamped with "L200". It is too small and requires major modification in order to barely work. Proper bases for my L400 exist yet Toyan will not supply me with one. They go for $175 so this is a big deal. Toyan had the odasity to tell me i should have thought about that before ordering. How rude! They also did not supply the advertised fuel tank and shorted me on a few fasteners.

I could go on, but don't want you to nod off. Just hoping to save an unsuspecting fellow forum member from being taken by an uncaring, invisible crappy vendor.

Thanks guys, i hope future threads are more positive.
I talked to Amazon customer service about this third party in China as for Amazon sells the l400 for a couple hundred dollars more at least they'll refund your money if they can't get anywhere with the third party..... Sad
Hello, newbie here. Looks like a nice forum! Thought i would start off by warning members of the vendor Toyan.

I purchased the L400 a couple of months ago and here is my review:

The motor parts are of exceptional quality. Unfortunately that's the only positive.

Shipping was very slow.

The instructions are very poor and have several errors and discrepancies.

There are at least 2 glaring design issues. Minor; the mounting screws for the cam tensioner are too long, bottoming out before doing their job. Medium; one of the water pump mounting screws interferes with the timing belt. Very noticeable and destructive. Toyans fix was to leave off the screw. "It shouldn't leak.

Major issue; when the water pump is installed, mine was bound up and the belt would not turn it. Toyans fix was to leave out two internal teflon wear/seals.

Deal breakers:
I purchased the "complete kit" which was all supplied by Toyan. The mounting base was made for another engine, stamped with "L200". It is too small and requires major modification in order to barely work. Proper bases for my L400 exist yet Toyan will not supply me with one. They go for $175 so this is a big deal. Toyan had the odasity to tell me i should have thought about that before ordering. How rude! They also did not supply the advertised fuel tank and shorted me on a few fasteners.

I could go on, but don't want you to nod off. Just hoping to save an unsuspecting fellow forum member from being taken by an uncaring, invisible crappy vendor.

Thanks guys, i hope future threads are more positive.
I talked to Amazon customer service about this third party in China as for Amazon sells the l400 for a couple hundred dollars more at least they'll refund your money if they can't get anywhere with the third party..... Sad

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks