Big block MERV build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
Bought a 1/16 Merv and Slash a while ago and not bothered with it until I found it again today.I ordered a TENBOL big block mount so I could fit a 540 in it but also bought a HK Donkey 380 just for fun.Anyway I fitted the 380 in today and as I did so the postie came with a box of goodies,mount and LiPo's....here is the pics..
Picture144_zps8e1a3a5c.jpg

Went well with the 380,not fitted the 540 yet...Hmmm,gonna be fast!
Picture143_zps56653ffd.jpg
Picture145_zpsf8acfc1d.jpg

More to come....
J;)

Fekkin ridiculous!!!! First off I give it a test run in the garden and it blew three tyres off the rims,second,I took it to Deeside with the mutt and the thing wouldn't stay on its feet.Throttle,flip!:mad: when i did get it to calm down I had to baby the throttle and on full tilt the tyres went like pizza cutters....TOOOO FAST:w00t:
I changed the 11.1v to a 7.2 and then it was a little more tame but not by much....I LOVE THESE THINGS!

J

Dodgy photo but finished item....

Picture147_zps6abaeadc.jpg
Picture146_zps63634f42.jpg

Oh,and another servo added.

Last edited:
i picked up a brushed mini slash in spring. it came with a traxxas 550 motor on it (thats how they are stock for the brushed version now). i slapped an old velenion 3500 on it, it was insane, way overpowered the truck. i eventually backed it down and went with the mini velenion system, now its perfect. overpowered enough, not too stupid to where it will break all the time.

fyi: you don't need a special expensive mount for a big block engine, just need the motor plate and housing from the newer brushed minis, they ause the traxxas 550. the parts can be had for $2 on ebay.

i picked up a brushed mini slash in spring. it came with a traxxas 550 motor on it (thats how they are stock for the brushed version now). i slapped an old velenion 3500 on it, it was insane, way overpowered the truck. i eventually backed it down and went with the mini velenion system, now its perfect. overpowered enough, not too stupid to where it will break all the time.

fyi: you don't need a special expensive mount for a big block engine, just need the motor plate and housing from the newer brushed minis, they ause the traxxas 550. the parts can be had for $2 on ebay.

Thanks for the advice.I bought the TENBOL because it was cheap.I'll know when I do my Slash though.;)
J

It's a bit of a tight fit with the Hot Racing 550 mount and MMM ESC.
Found a 550 mount and plate as back-up - thanks for the advice.

If you didn't look, check my link to my thread on MS-UK to see the motor I'm installing - it'll be running 6S once I've finally got it installed!!

Al.

EXACTLY !!!
Great stuff!!

I've been running 3S on the standard VXL motor since I bought it - super fast.
Just felt like being a little 'different'.

I've seen one attempt at installing a 3M, and it looks totally botched, hence the challenge.
Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks