Big Gas Tracks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang really Mike> if you have no takers, i have to wonder why not? if you were here in Michigan, i and a few of use would of been there in the Middle of Dec with 3ft of snow and a bunch of picks and shovels to start building. lol

we cant kill anyone around here to get land to use for a suitable track. trying for 3 yrs, makeing small progress but.. its SLOW going atm.

i say, build the track, promote it and they will come. run it like you would run any small business. just keep it affordable and you ll have plenty of racers in no time.

i don't think they worry much about that really. the Biggest issue the majority of HPI guys have (which im 100% a part of ) is the manufactureing and sale of the clones.

yes the HPIs are a bit more money, but their quality is also better, and no-one will every convince me other wise unless someones starts bucking up for some material testing and comparrisons done by an Out of Industry (meaning NO RC BACKGROUND AT ALL) indipendant team hat can analize the molecular structures and say they are the same thing. For me its about the Ethics. let Ethics drop in one area of your life, and the next thing you know, murder rape and robbery are just something that happens. I don't buy it.

now thats not saying i condemn those that own a clone. i would much prefer they purchased the Baja. But that doesn't mean i cant keep trying to persuade people to buy the real deal Baja. especially here in the states. maybe one day soon, the cloner manufacturers will grow a spine, but i doubt it, or better yet, maybe they ll not make any more sales and have to shut their shop down.

It would be one thing if ANY of these cloner companies/manufacturers/retailers did anything but make the sale and then shut the door once you money is in the register, but they don't. I have yet to ever see a KM santioned race, or Rovan Race or Integy Sponsored Race or event of any kind. even in their homeland China. So that to me says they want your money, nothing more. and that is one of the big reasons i stand where i do on the cloner issue.

I ll help the guy that has one out, but im also going to say, see, If you had the original HPI you could get cusotmer service, or at the least, likely not of had the issue the clone owners have.

other than that, i don't think to many of the Baja gusy see ourselves as eliteist persay.

but here in the states, its the sales and use of the HPI Baja that is making the biggest splash in RC in 20plus years. especially where Track building and racing is involved.

Business is business Im afraid Tim. Did Henry Ford complain that everyone else copied the Model T? Maybe, but if they hadn't we wouldnt have Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo's or more affordable Kia's, Hyundia's & Diahatsu's for those on a shoe string budget. The clones give everybody a chance to enjoy the hobby and not just the fortunate well off minority. They serve a purpose and introduce it to the masses. Many will start off with a clone & as they get more into it may wish to upgrade to a HPI.
Its the same with everything in life. Look around your home and personal possessions....is your TV made by John Logie Baird, is your phone made by Alexander Graham Bell, is your car made by the company who invented them, is your washing machine made by Thor.....the answer to these is probably not......they are all clones.....you see where I am coming from? So no murder rape and robbery are not ok just because you can only afford to buy a clone. Its all about healthy competition and freedom of choice and IMO its for the good of the hobby.

just found this track, and as they say in texas "boy howdy" this place is great and just what I was looking for.

http://www.milestone-rc.com/

I call and talked to larry who is the "chief cook and bottle washed" and found out that there are two tracks dedicated for the use of 1/5 scale buggies of "all" kinds. one is an off road track and the other is a high bank dirt oval.

im going to check it out this saturday and it just happens that there is a 1/5 scale race there as well. ill report on my findings sunday.

mike

milestones a pretty nice place. you can see Vids on Youtube of the 1/5scale races.;;

I hear where your coming from Dwarfy, I really do. But many of these other "NOT SO CLONE CLONERS" often support the industry they are in in some way, shape or form. whether its a race team, sponsorship of races, or racers. hell Even Deawoo and Sears have pretty damn good customer support for their "Cloner" items.
but it seems in RC, the cloners are only in it for the cash.

milestones a pretty nice place. you can see Vids on Youtube of the 1/5scale races.;;

I hear where your coming from Dwarfy, I really do. But many of these other "NOT SO CLONE CLONERS" often support the industry they are in in some way, shape or form. whether its a race team, sponsorship of races, or racers. hell Even Deawoo and Sears have pretty damn good customer support for their "Cloner" items.
but it seems in RC, the cloners are only in it for the cash.

Maybe in a few years when the cloners are more established with a decent market share and financial security they will invest in tracks etc. Its still early days for most of them but the clone market is growing fast and soon they will have to be accepted as a genuine contender for the majority market share. If the HPI thinktank had anything about them they would raise their game on the 5b/5t to give it a definite clear advantage over the clones. The KM alloy in particular offers excellent value for money compared to the standard more expensive HPI. If I were in charge at HPI, instead of complaining about it I would hit back at the cloners where it hurts with a budget version of the 5b/5t. You can buy a KM alloy for £499/$750 - imagine how many HPI would sell if they had a baja for a similar price! Simple business management in my eyes cos the cloners have already done the market research and proved that there is a very large worldwide market for a decent budget baja.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks