Big Shout Out to DDM - Daves Discount Motors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrpHed

I live in this small city in Western Canada called HELL! You may have heard of it? I was in need of some maintenance parts after rough weekend. Hobby dealers are scarce here, let alone ones that carry what I needed and the price of couriers and Canada Post are quite outrageous.

They had the items I needed, and promptly answered/replied to all my inquiries. The person I emailed with there today (Angela) went out of her way to find a shipping method that was reasonable and affordable so I could get the needed items (gaskets) this week and not miss the weekend. The prices were competitive and the shipping for 3 day express was better than having something shipped within my own country. Go figure?!?

I was impressed with the customer service and attention to detail.

Thank you!

I live in the UK and dealt with Daves for years. Unfortunately our GREEDY government put the threshold on import tax up and I don't buy from DDM that often now.
I have heard nothing but good comments from DDM and their prices are very hard to beat.
Excellent work DDM.
J:cup-1::cup-2::cup-3:

if you needed engine gaskets Vancouver hobbies would have shipped them by letter mail for about a buck

i do agree though that canada post is so expensive it's killing internet order businesses here and the fact that the government has protected them from competition is undemocratic BS....ups, fedex etc are not allowed to undercut cp's rates so we pay hugely inflated prices to support an inefficiently managed govt run business and unionized workers

Good to know. One of the challenges is when you search even using Google Canada and you specify Canada in the search criteria, you get mostly results for US or International Shops for Baja Parts.

As well, I didn't want to waste time trying to track down a Canadian place. I knew of a place out East, in the Toronto area, where I used to live, but again, either express shipping is outrageous or I wait 7+ days. I just wanted to order, and get the stuff before the week ended.

I used to have a US address and was over there nearly once a week for business so, it was great. I'd order whatever I needed, not just RC stuff, and bring it all back. Usually the whole run including brokerage, if I took my time was around 3 hours.

Lately, every time I need something, it's 7-12 days. The summer is slipping by and I've spent more of it trying to find stuff or waiting for it to arrive, instead of driving my buggy.

Didn't help that it all has gotten off to rough start going back in mid June.

Thanks again for the info.

if you needed engine gaskets Vancouver hobbies would have shipped them by letter mail for about a buck

i do agree though that canada post is so expensive it's killing internet order businesses here and the fact that the government has protected them from competition is undemocratic BS....ups, fedex etc are not allowed to undercut cp's rates so we pay hugely inflated prices to support an inefficiently managed govt run business and unionized workers

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks