Billet intakes finally !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
I put a post up a few weeks ago(cant find it)about one of my insulator blocks leaking and with a advise from you people I decided to go with an ally intake block.Ducky put me onto RC Demons in England so I phoned them and ordered two with the teflon gaskets.A couple of weeks later and still nothing so I rang them up and the chap on the other end said they were stuck in customs so he sent me two standard ones free of charge to get me up and running( NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVCE!)
Anyway,I finally got them a couple of days ago and with all the engines out and ready to recieve the new blocks I started to put them in only to discover that the standard bolts are a little too long(someone did advise me on this) so out came the bolt cutters and I measured up.As anyone who has cut a bolt with a set of croppers knows when you do put a rag over the bolt to stop it being blasted into oblivion when it shears! Rag over,SNAP, bolt cut,quick twirl on the grinder and , perfection! neat fit.Second one,in the cutters, I dropped the rag so I thought it'll be ok,It cant go anywhere,SNAP!,PING,PING.......the fookin' thing went off like a buttet! Now my workshop isn't massive but its big enough for an hours search on my hands and knees looking for a bolt that now seems to have been taken by the Tommy Knockers!
So It will have to be a trip down to the hardware store today and get a few new ones.
If your reading this RC Demons thanks for help.
James.

well good to know your product comes, i have had some instances where customs kept my parts and i never received them. not fun. but i am sure you will love those intakes

Went down to the local fixings and fastenings shop and bought myself a load of grade A2 stainless nuts,bolts and washers to strengthen all the high load fixings on my MT.After I installed the manifold and put everything back together My freind foned and wanted me to go out bashing with him so I never had time to bench test it.
At the place where we go I pulled out the truck and went to pull it,SNAP.....started cord went and I didn't bring no spares with me .So after a 30 minute drive I was a little pi$$ed off to say the least.So I had to sit there watching my mate for an hour while mine was in the car waiting to go.Well tommorrows another day.
Oh,I stand corrected,it was Super who set me up with RC Demons,thanks mate.
James.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks