Billet wheel options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the construction of the wheel would dictate use. I've seen some that only had a few little holes in them that looked pretty solid. I wouldn't use wheels like mine for off-road because of the thin spokes but there has to be a good designed one for off-road use. I've seen some pretty nice looking ones here and there but can't give a maker or name. I'm sure ddm wouldn't sell the ones they do if they were not good.
I would ask them for advice on the ones they sell.
Maybe they can reccomend some others as I'm sure they might have an idea of decent ones. If you really want, might be worth a shot.

I will talk to them I just figured I would start a thread to gather some info and some of you guys have a deep knowledge of everything Rc so figured it would be fun to learn a little while I am at it.

Axis wheels are the toughest wheels I have ever used. In fact, most of the pro racers all use them for that reason. You have the strength of the billet center so the hex won't strip ect but have the flexibility of the plastic outer wheel which cushions impacts

On my 1/8 scale Mt basher ,I always ran aluminum an never had any issues ,but then again ,a 1/5 scale has a lot more weight ,
but then again ,my basher sees 30 ft. air drops & massive cart wheels!

I guess it all depends on driving styles ,however ,I have my bashers & my non ones ,my Baja is a non one!

The only thing that gets feked up on my truck ,is usually a snapped arm ,hub or hinge pin ,so I would feel
good about the aluminum wheels even though they add a little more weight ,a little more weight at the LCG
is a good thing!...:cool:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks