black death to sorta lock diffs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shayno

Anyone here use black death (tar like adhesive that doesn't harden to seal acoustic tiles)
I put some in a diff last night and it is stiff as hell.. when i put a wrench on each side I can get them to spin opposite. Any one have feedback on this? Vertigo hasn't made the lockers yet...

Got the drive train put together... Screwed up... Forgot the center diff needs to be loose...

That what a locker does
that was the idea... but, in my Infinite wisdom...... I didn't pay attention and low and behold the center diff is a "DIFF" because it need to spin in two different directions...
well so now I need to clean adhesive tar out... im getting the torch out!

You just did the center one go ahead and run it it won't hurt anything the car will go in a stright line real good it just won't turn in to a 180 degree turn as sharp as one with a center diff but it will be faster in a stright line because when the the back of the car goes down and the front of the car rizes the front tires spin and the diff stops power to the rear tires for a second

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks