Blackbone rc clutch bell into TR enclosed carrier

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braap2smoke

Hi everybody. Im having a fitment issue with my bell binding up once i tighten up my pinion to the enclosed turtle racing carrier. Detroit performane has told me he has not heard of any issues. Obr says they need to be shimmed as they don't line up. Ive tried to shim it but still aint right.
My question is do these bells work with enclosed carriers or only open/vented carriers?
I plan to run in the sand so i needed a enclosed carrier to keep sand out of the clutch.

Attachments

• 01291485-09DE-4DF4-AA4D-D8E0A4AAF556.jpeg
    01291485-09DE-4DF4-AA4D-D8E0A4AAF556.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 6F66087A-543A-4C64-9C3E-A44DF1824D14.jpeg
    6F66087A-543A-4C64-9C3E-A44DF1824D14.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 0D7BE5D6-47FB-478D-999A-C37D1AF19E96.jpeg
    0D7BE5D6-47FB-478D-999A-C37D1AF19E96.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 3CE2C2F2-D70A-4DFE-A6C0-AE8C84FC8D33.jpeg
    3CE2C2F2-D70A-4DFE-A6C0-AE8C84FC8D33.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 6
obr are right mate, they do need to be shimmed,
find out where it binds though, whether its the end of the bell or the step on the bell part itself,
add a bit of black marker in the carrier at certain points like on the alloy around the inner bearing and roughly where the step on the bell might hit, then fit bell and pinion and spin it, take apart and have a look for witness marks on the carrier,
if marks are at the bearing then shim out to suit,
if marks are where the bell itself catches then mod the carrier gently with a dremel and take a liitle off it till theres no binding (y),
it wont be much that needs taking off, probably a fraction of a mm or so i'd say,
also if it just needs shimming then don't over shim it, cos then it may just bind because theres pressure on the bearings when the pinions tightened down,
make sure the bearings are seated fully as well (y)

Ok. Thanks for the reply @spents. I will try again. It definitely has some rubbing to the carrier so i will try dremeling on the carrier to see if thats where my issue is. I was gonna try to buy the ufc bell and see if that was going to work but instead will try what you suggested. Saved me some 💰 .

Ok. Thanks for the reply @spents. I will try again. It definitely has some rubbing to the carrier so i will try dremeling on the carrier to see if thats where my issue is. I was gonna try to buy the ufc bell and see if that was going to work but instead will try what you suggested. Saved me some 💰 .
yeh just go little by little and it will be fine mate (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks