Blown clutch housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bricklin

Braking in my new Losi 5T, yesterday . Running it down the street the truck sounded like it shifted, it was still moving so I keep on running for about 10 min.
Pulled the body off and there was aluminum shrapnel on the chassis. There is a large hole on the engine side of the clutch case. Has anyone ever had this happen ? I contacted Losi yesterday with a email and pic. This is a brand new truck 1st tank of fuel. The truck still runs, something let go, it could be a clutch shoe but not sure. I want to see what Horizon wants me to do. Before I blow it apart.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 66
Dam Something let go. Just a heads up get the fly wheel outer wear asap rocks like getting in their i chewed my fly wheel to pieces luckily that's all the switch and magneto was ok

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352646878257.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352646878257.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by a moderator:
Blown clutch housing - the answer

I pulled the engine, pulled off the clutch cover there are 4 bolts that hold the inter clutch case to the engine block, 1 of the bolts is missing. There's the mystery. Well it's in Horizons hands now. These are awesome trucks, I happened to get one with a problem. I'm sure Horizon /Losi will stand by there product.
There a good company.
Thanks
Glenn from Ohio

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 36
Yea they are awesome trucks!
R you just sending the motor or are they sending you a new housing?
The reason why i ask if your gana have some down time i would go over all your bolt and lock tight them it also gives you a chance to familiarize your self with the truck. These are known for not being lock tighted found a few loose on my fan cover and drag link

My fix is on my way !

The great people at Horizon hobby's are sending me a new engine.
It is unfortunate that shi. T happens but it's nice to have support from a great company that takes care of your problems.
Glenn

Horizon came through

I have a new engine with clutch. Back in the dirt this weekend. Thanks for fast shipping. And yes I still have my orig engine.

See her run - all stock - top speed 39mph out of the box

Check out this video.
I'm impressed ! Wait till the upgrades

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 9
That's awesome! And u got to keep your old motor?! Put a big bore kit in the old motor and get u another bolt with lock tite and just keep it "vented". U can have a backup/race motor!

Haha, yea I'd say. I know GFR had to cut down the shaft so my laughterbach could sink down far enough on my Reed motor. The laughterbach clutch kept rubbing on the bell housing. Kinda similar to your little dilemma. Glad you have everything worked out. Crazy how Losi didn't even want their 26cc back though, LoL!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks