Blue loc-tite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy1976

I know this is a little different than nitro R/C but on my nitros I blue loc-tite everything that is metal on metal or aluminum. Especially motor mounts and chassis stuff. IS it the same with the Baja's? Are you guys loc-titing stuff on them to prevent them from backing out due to vibration? Thanks

Everything I have read says yes, Metal to metal. HPI has it as required tools in their 5B manual. They recommend Red and Green. Ill disagree with that and say Blue will be fine. Im still a noob with 5B and my be wrong.

FYI Green is designed to seep into the threads and self distribute evenly. Its great stuff but I see head stripping issues on the hardware in my crystal ball.

Have you seen the Blue Locktite sticks yet? Changed my life.
http://www.teamfasteddy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=139

When HPI refers to red & green, I think they are referring to HPI loctite but don't hold me to that. I use blue loctite on all metal-metal on the Baja. Alot of it has locknuts too, I don't use it on them & whatever you do, DON"T over tighten the wheel nuts!1 The nuts are serated & hold amzingly well!!

Liquid locktite will separate over time. Make sure you agitate it well before using it.

I don't use locktite with Ni-lock nuts but do use it on a regular nut even with a lock washer.

Green is similar in strength to the red when applied properly. I wouldn't use it on the Baja. Purple for small screws, and blue for everything else.

Liquid locktite will separate over time. Make sure you agitate it well before using it.

I don't use locktite with Ni-lock nuts but do use it on a regular nut even with a lock washer.

Definitely shake it before using it. Did I just say that? Shake up your tube of blue before using it. Noooo, that doesn't sound good either. Oh, well it does separate or was that you will get separated oh, well you get the idea.:laugh:

Whatever u use never put the green stuff on any part u plan to remove frequently...I made the mistake of using green penetrating Loctite(cause I had it in my tool box figured what the hell) I had to drill the heads of my screws to get the engine off. From that day forward its blue loctite gel for everything.

I use super glue on plastic, the loctite has no affect on plastic. Put a drop of SG on the threads or the head of the screw, good to go.

or you could use tire glue.

eddie. permatex makes a blue paste in a tube. awsome to use. the best thing about it is i got it for free a hole tube when they had there permotion. i think this tube will last forever. im also still on my first very small bottle of liquid blue but dislike that because it doesn't dry and hold fast.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks