Bluebird Servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not seen them b4 andy but at that price and the spec they sound good mate ;)

I was going to change the Hitec 645mg for a higher torque unit to get some bite on the front brakes & it seems good for the money. It has twice as much torque as the 645 but not sure about reliability.

Just done some digging on the web and it seems that bluebird servos are under the Ansmann umbrella. If the W3 tx is anything to go by these should be a bargain :cool2:

i heard some pretty good stuff on them. but not used one myself, or know anyone that has them personally.

dwarfy i ran one for about 10 tanks in my FG MT and then 50+ tanks in my fg baja (same servo) and it worked when I pulled it out a couple of months back. needed to change as I needed a stronger one to operate the tuning brake kit I put on.

excellent servo, very fast, not as toquey as claimed but quite good and I drowned mine heaps of times but it never missed a beat.

dwarfy i ran one for about 10 tanks in my FG MT and then 50+ tanks in my fg baja (same servo) and it worked when I pulled it out a couple of months back. needed to change as I needed a stronger one to operate the tuning brake kit I put on.

excellent servo, very fast, not as toquey as claimed but quite good and I drowned mine heaps of times but it never missed a beat.

Mine are the fg tuning brakes. Im thinking they will work better if I disconnect the layshaft brake rather than fannying about trying to get them balanced. What servo you running now?

I've always thought that you get what you pay for and trusting your car to a cheap servo, no matter how good it says it is just seems a bit mad, I'd stick another £20 - 25 in the pot and go for a savox or ace or if you're feeling flush, a futaba 9351 or bls351.

Mike

That servo is about 1/2 again more then the 645. I think you want to double the 645. That would be around 266oz-in or about 19.15kg-cm.
I agree the 645 is pretty weak for brakes. I used 645's on my MT and was not impressed by the torque. Then again I knew the 645 torque when I bought them but, that was the highest tq one the LHS had.:eek:

Worth a shot. The areas they would save on would be motor and board quality. They offer a 2 year warranty on there servos so worth a shot.:)

serious?!? damn thats scary!

they are supposed to be dust and water resistant, according to the box anyway.

I bashed in some very, very wet condition few weeks back, hit puddles u name it, got a picture in my FG thread of what it all looked like when I was done. Hasnt missed a beat before or after.

And it had a wash radio tray still in place, maybe they've changed their design?

I know my steering servo 5755 has been under water that many times and never missed a beat!

I've always thought that you get what you pay for and trusting your car to a cheap servo, no matter how good it says it is just seems a bit mad, I'd stick another £20 - 25 in the pot and go for a savox or ace or if you're feeling flush, a futaba 9351 or bls351.

Mike

That would be nice but I cant afford £50+ at the moment. My mate bought a servo for £90+ from Rossendale Models and that give up at WOT at less than 12months old so expensive doesn't necessarily mean reliable either. Trip has had bad experiences with decent servos too so IMO its worth a shot especially with decent warranty.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks