Bmx Run With Baja 1000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COIL

TOOK THE BAJA 1000 FOR ITS FIRST OFFROAD RUN AT THE LOCAL
BMX TRACK THIS MORN.PERFORMED VERY WELL THRU TRACTION
AND MED SIZE JUMPS,ALTHOUGH I THINK I NEED TO FASHION SOME
GUARD FOR MUD ETC.REED/30.5 ESP RAN LIKE A DREAM FOR FIRST TANK
AND A HALF BUT THEN STARTED TO BOG DOWN ALOT..ANY THOUGHTS
ON WHAT MAY CAUSE THIS?

PB093804.jpg
PB103809.jpg
PB103816.jpg
PB103813.jpg

if the engine was fresh in with no run in you may need to tweak your carb settings as far as the crap getting in king cobra racing do a shield and run a bit of velcro up either side of the chassis plate and also along the bottom edge of your shell so it makes a perfect seal

king cobra shield
DSC00772.jpg

and other thing u may want to do is the fg linkage mod as the mcd one begins to stick after a while
DSC00792.jpg

Nice ride Coil. How long did you run it for that day? I love coming home and cleaning my RC's after a nice fun day of bashing.
I'm weird like that LOL

by looking at the filter, looks like it may of gotten wet. causing it to be harder to pull air thru the filter, thus getting more gas, so richer mix, which would account for the bogging.

the other option is it may of been heat soaking, if it was doing this, then you ll need to richen the needles a bit.

I would agree about it getting wet and bogging. Check your plug and see how it looks. Was the bogging from start or WOT? So nice to see it dirty and beyond its shelf look :flowers:.

Holy crap....you don't do things by halves do you mate. Thought that thing was gonna be a shelf queen forever and now look at it. Those Elcon rims look awesome dude, well done.

Regarding keeping out all the muck you might want to pop down to Bunnings and pick up some polycarbonate sheeting (comes on a giant roll, just cut off what you need) and make up one of these. Mine is velcroed to the sides and painted black. Does a pretty good job but due to the nature of the Baja's shell stuff willl still get inside.

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

While your at it you might also want to make up one of these to the stop stones from crewing out the gears.

IMG_1166.jpg

I got my Racerunner shell last night which I am going to use when racing as it will do a much better job as keeping stuff out.

Holy crap....you don't do things by halves do you mate. Thought that thing was gonna be a shelf queen forever and now look at it. Those Elcon rims look awesome dude, well done.

Regarding keeping out all the muck you might want to pop down to Bunnings and pick up some polycarbonate sheeting (comes on a giant roll, just cut off what you need) and make up one of these. Mine is velcroed to the sides and painted black. Does a pretty good job but due to the nature of the Baja's shell stuff willl still get inside.

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

While your at it you might also want to make up one of these to the stop stones from crewing out the gears.

IMG_1166.jpg

I got my Racerunner shell last night which I am going to use when racing as it will do a much better job as keeping stuff out.

HEY MONO,HOWS IT GOIN MAN? WHEN MAKING YOUR INSIDE GUARD FOR THE BJA 1000 ,DID U BEND THE EDGES OR BIND THEM?

Sorry not sure what you mean by bind but I made the inside guard from a single sheet of lexan and just bent it to shape.

Heres another shot of it. It was taken on the track when I was trying to figure out my suspension setup for the jumps hence all the strapped on protection...lol You can also see how I modified my gear cover for better cooling.

That turned out to be a tragic day for me as I came home with a broken rose joint, busted wheel and bent roll cage....Kinda funny looking back on it though.

IMG_1185.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks