Boat Drifted away !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclops1970

Well i was boating in Lake Ontario and runnig it a few meters from Shore and was tuning it up and died on my son and he turned away from shore and the current was stronger then i thoughyt it was and in a matter of a few minutes it was too far to get and water too cold to go into i tried but took my breath away and the recue boat had a failed ESC i failed there !!
so too make a long story short i watched my 1000.00 plus boat drift away , tried to get the marine cops to help but they refused to help being it wasnt a real boat ! so buy now its heading into NY State :(

that really sucks. boating is awsome and i had the opertunity to take the wheel a few times, but thats the only thing stopping me. knowing that sometimes they just fail. unless you have your own 1:1 boat to play off of then it seems kinda risky for me. sorry for the loss. sad, sad day.:boat::boat:

how long have you had it? how did you pay for it credit card? do you have homeowners insurence?, you get were im going? i had mountain bike stolen, called my credit card and they reinbursed me, i had snowbord stolen out of friends garage and homeowners insurance coverd it?

thats a good point!! call your homeowners ins. company. there was another guy that had something rc related stolen outside of the house and it was covered under his homeowners ins. policy

how long have you had it? how did you pay for it credit card? do you have homeowners insurence?, you get were im going? i had mountain bike stolen, called my credit card and they reinbursed me, i had snowbord stolen out of friends garage and homeowners insurance coverd it?

i,ve had it for a few months now but only 2 times on water :(
i paid cah for it !
and the way insurance in Canada its not worth going threw it i have a 500 deductable so for the few hundred they'd give me and then turn around and increase my rates its not worth it IMO !!
we had already discussed that one , but thanks for thinking of us

thats why I always have my handy fishing pole with a tennis ball on the string/line... saved my boat a couple of times
....................................................................................................................................................

Sorry to here about your loss....My first boat build, I didnt add the noodles for flotation, boat flipped and I got to watch my $1500 aeromarine cat sink.

don't ever try to swim for your boat either.....Drowing for your boat is not worth it,,,it happens alot here in washington

They do have ways to tune your engine out of the lake ....2 liter bottle of water hooked up to your intake line on your head will keep the head cool while tuning

Heres one you hook up to your water hose ......you can make these yourself cheap....you don't need the T or 2 lines

http://cgi.ebay.com/RC-BOAT-WATER-C...oryZ2564QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ba81_1.jpg

Hook the line directly to your head..... not the rear pickup....stay clear of your prop
........................................................................................................................................................

bb08_1.jpg

Last edited:
Could always place a lost/found ad in the paper or put up a few flyers... I know it is a long shot, but you never know maybe a good person will find it... And that is one reason I don't do boats...

Skater

yes tmorrow i'll be placing lost and found adds in the local papers and also the motor was partially tuned out of water i had the twin pick up line water feed to it but things change once theres a load on it !
and unforunatly there was no address or anything inside .. another hard lesson learned !!!
i have gone to the Cop Shop and placed a missing report with them as well this morning and im "Hoping" someone locally finds it and turns it in but realistally i highly doubt it because it could end up in the USA no problem its only a 2 hour boat ride to NY State
o0o well this was a big learning curve ! im already looking at another one :) but stay in the ponds :)

What about one that has an electric motor as a back up... Might be worth looking into... i know you will lose a little performance with the extra weight, but i would rather lose a little speed than the whole boat...

Skater

What about one that has an electric motor as a back up... Might be worth looking into... i know you will lose a little performance with the extra weight, but i would rather lose a little speed than the whole boat...

Skater

nope always bringing a raft along with fishing rod and electric rescue rig .. lose performance im a speed monger :)

Skater

Traxxas has one of those built in their Nitro vee electric return to shore

not to heavy

We always bring our 1 person kayak with us. It was only a few hundred bucks and fits on the roof. That kayak has saved my boats quite a few times.

After the phone call I'm still feelin' the pain for ya. Too many expensive lessons to be learnt. Hope you get it back somehow so I can see what it looks like. :boat::boat::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

Well good news !!
i jsut got off the phone with a fellow that found trhe boat in lake ontario a few towns away ,so im going out to grab it tonight and give him my reward 200.00 :)
keep you updated on damages or anything because we have had some brutal stormy weather around here last few weeks !

did you have yer phone number on it? Thats acually a good idea for boaters

no i had posted lost ad in a bunch of local papers .. it was still drifting a few hundred yards away from shore about 35 miles from where it was lost .
super nice guy that found it .. he didnt want anything for reward at all but i seen the kinda beer he drinks by the cases in the garage and went and grabbed him a 24 and his wife a bottle of wine for there troubles and my thankfullness

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks