Body Glue ? crack repair what do you use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed Assault

Old 1/5 race body needs some fixing

I did some searching and in some other forums as well
I have this body piece and it has some good Clear glue on it but Hobby shop could not suggest anything like it said to use a Soldering iron and melt it or to use plastitruct which may also melt it or effect the paint

What glue do you use for Polycarbonate bodies

I am the 2nd owner of the piece I have below it has some Clear glue that is hard but is very strong and sticks well but have no way of finding out what glue it is.

Thank u

Attachments

• RD080001.jpg
    RD080001.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 33
  • RD050010.jpg
    RD050010.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 38
To repair.I would sand that down with light sandpaper..ending with 1000 grit...
I have use CA tire glue for repais..seems to work ok...fuse's the plastic together
then sand and finish out and paint...Just my thought's...AKA Slawhammer

Shoo goo to the rescue!!

You can reinforce cracks with a self adhesive metal mesh, on the backside of the Poly. I know the Bondo co. sells a version at local auto parts stores. Follow behind that with a good amount of Shoe Goo or "GOOP", spread it into metal mesh, and about an inch past the reinforcement. Let the repair dry, and you'll have a perfect structural repair that will flex on impact, but not crack again. Ever.

Yes, You can use anything from Toilet paper to fiberglass mat, to the metal mesh, it all works it just creates a mechanical "Bridge" for the Adhesive to bond the two sides together. Whatever your budget can swing there is a solution laying around the house, and we'll help you find it.

Just don't blame the empty toilet paper roll that your wife yells at you for leaving -on us.

yes thats what i have used .. i had everything in house but the mesh screening sounds like a great idea as well .. would it be like floor mesh under tiles ?

Ya, I think it is alot like it but the floor stuff is even stickier then the sheetrock stuff. I forgot I still had some of that around. Now I have a use for it again.:clown:

i use posiflex glue for everything,of course im such a good driver i never have to do body repairs :lol:.........i wish.

it is excellent sealer,and dryes within 20mins if heated.

is is a bit thick but if used sparingly.

very strong.

other wise just get to you local modelshop and im sure they will fix u up.

a good modelshop i used use(but in uk) was wheelspinmodels,they have huge stocks of r/c paint and bodys,glue check out there shop here
www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks