body shell holes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erion racer

Sorry if this has been covered before but do i need to cut holes in my fg sportsline body to assist in removing heat ? Car is only being used for parking lot play not racing.

I also run on a parking lot, with plans to do a little racing, and yes, cut out at least the side windows to get some air flow to cool engine, works for me :)

+1 cut all the side windows out and the rear screen it does help it keep cool,running with no cutouts is going to get very hot inside as there no way of heat to escape

In theory an on road car will cool ok without holes as the bodyshell isnt sealed to the chassis and air flows underneath the car and as the flywheel acts like a fan then no probs.cutting the windows out wil allow more air in and out + makes it easier to pick the car up.my on road truck has the body sat nearly ontop of the engine with no air vents and runs fine.off road cars have the shell vertually sealed to the side guards so very limited on air flow so does benefit from some holes in the shell.

In theory an on road car will cool ok without holes as the bodyshell isnt sealed to the chassis and air flows underneath the car and as the flywheel acts like a fan then no probs.cutting the windows out wil allow more air in and out + makes it easier to pick the car up.my on road truck has the body sat nearly ontop of the engine with no air vents and runs fine.off road cars have the shell vertually sealed to the side guards so very limited on air flow so does benefit from some holes in the shell.

I disagree with that. The more cut outs you have the better cooling you'll have the better your motor will run particularly with 2 stroke engines which don't like to run hot

Troy

wagons on road had no cut outs and that got mega hot and ran shite once the heat built up inside since cutting side windows and rear screen out its been spot on but even mine with the bmw shell all side windows cutout and rear screen it still gets hot in there and after a good run you can feel the heat coming out the windows

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks