Bogging/ketchup effect

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my reed valve and the Wt-813 carb and the truck acts much better.. but still it has the ketchup effect and I think its the DDM dominator pipe that are "causing" it. Next step is high rmp sprig for the cluch(Daves special spring) ... I hope it will arrive anyday soon now... :2guns:

When I hit WOT from full stop the truck start moving no wheelies or anything just starts to accelerate. Then when it hits 1/3 of top speed it explodes and starts to scream and acc rapidly. Im not really sure the right word is bogging. I have tested stock settings on the carb +- 3/4 turn. I can notice the diffrence between to rich and to lean when during my tests. Anyway I have ordered a Wt-813 carb and a reedvalve from Oniell-b maybe it will sovle my "problem". Im also going to get the high RPM spring for the cluch.

/Obbe

This just sounds like you are witnessing the "power band" that all 2 strokes have. Perhaps a pipe will smooth this out for you and get you squared away. with that being said - you MUST learn how to tune and tweak your mixture settings for your conditions locally. these settings change with the weather so learn it. When in doubt go RICH (left hand turns on the screwdriver)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks