Brakes Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daivik

Hi, Ok I'm new to the huge scale of rc's and have a petrol FG Leopard.

And The RC seems to be working, but on the remote/transmitter (a wheely one) when I push the trigger forward the front brakes disc breaks kick in. When I pull back on the trigger the back breaks kick in but the front ones don't??

So basically my breaks are ALWAYS on! Is it the disc break servo that is pulling the breaks when it shouldn't be or is it the engine break that is putting the break on at the same time.

And also when I do brake, the right front wheel break is working perfectly, but the left wheel simply isn't breaking?? And instead of the wire moving inside the plastic tubing, the plastic tubing is moving instead and even when I held that down, fully, the left brake still wasn't working?? ANYONE know why this might be?? And how I could fix it?? Also can someone tell me how to take the wheel off and dismantle the disc brake so I can maybe have a look at it because when I take off the washer and the nut, the wheel doesn't come off.

Also can someone tell me how to work the remote (as in all the buttons on top and on the wheel area) because I am clueless?? Or direct me to a site that tells me how to use it??

Your help is really appreciated because at the moment I am completely baffled by the car.:boat::helpsmilie:

I think we would all love to help mate, just post some pics if you can and that would help us sort it.....

Update your loction as someone might be able to pop by and give you some tips.

+1 Super. Send some pics.
Silly question; Is the brake rod on the correct side of the servo actuating the rear brake?
If YES, the rod seems to be sticking in the guide by the sound of it ...
The buttons on the top of what sounds like the standard Hitec Aggressor transmitter are to adjust the throw of the servos and / or how much steering you want. Basically you can fine tune the truck to your liking, not overstress the servo .. loads of useful things!!
If you didn't get a manual, I'm sure you can download from the Hitec site.
This brake thing is a puzzle. Photos are required.
Alan.

From the sound of it it seems like you have something backwards. The front brakes are correct since when you push forward they initiate. The rear brakes are the culprit. You probably have it setup on the wrong side of the servo.

Check it out and see.. ;)

Chris

Thanks guys, will get pics up ASAP BUT at the moment my internet is quite literally running at 0.5 MB/s (which VERY SLOW) hotmail takes a good 30-40 seconds to load, so pics might not even upload. But I will do and TREBOR! OMG your Leopard LOOKS IMMACULET!! How do you keep it so clean?? And Where have you got all your upgrades?? Or any shops?? I live in Billericay, lower ESSEX about 30 mins from London. Like the blue servo arms, and all the metal cage and stuff?? Because the FG Leopard spares/accessories seem very scarce on the internet.

Thanks guys.

Thanks guys, will get pics up ASAP BUT at the moment my internet is quite literally running at 0.5 MB/s (which VERY SLOW) hotmail takes a good 30-40 seconds to load, so pics might not even upload. But I will do and TREBOR! OMG your Leopard LOOKS IMMACULET!! How do you keep it so clean?? And Where have you got all your upgrades?? Or any shops?? I live in Billericay, lower ESSEX about 30 mins from London. Like the blue servo arms, and all the metal cage and stuff?? Because the FG Leopard spares/accessories seem very scarce on the internet.

Thanks guys.

hi mate posted this in your other tread :blush::clown:

hi bud, right after readin your post about brakes i think you must have the brake rods on wrong! if you are only using one servo then the front rod should be fitted to the same side as the throttle rod (see pic) and the rear rod should be fitted on the opposit side (see pic) so when the brakes are applied the rods are being pulled and on throttle the brake rods should be pushed to release the brakes.........

DSC00907.jpg

this is how mine is set up at the mo as i nackered my servo's (thanks voo for sortin me out with new ones) your better off usin twin servo's to be honest bud so the fronts will be on one and the rears and throttle will be on the other.

Or any shops??FG Leopard spares/accessories seem very scarce on the internet.

Thanks guys.

thats his marder mate if you think thats nice take a look at his leo :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

see the bag in the back ground of trebors pic..... rossendale models are really good mate they normally keep a lot of stuff in stock..... give them a ring 01706250007 if they haven't got it they can normally gettin within the week :cool2: good thing about rossmod is they race the large scales so they are all pritty clued up on them :cool2:

Last edited:
thats his marder mate if you think thats nice take a look at his leo :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

see the bag in the back ground of trebors pic..... rossendale models are really good mate they normally keep a lot of stuff in stock..... give them a ring 01706250007 if they haven't got it they can normally gettin within the week :cool2: good thing about rossmod is they race the large scales so they are all pritty clued up on them :cool2:

ross mod are the importers of FG and have a vast spares back up

off the wall ....you guys know what i mean:clown::clown:

a few pics for you daivic of my Leopard .....:blush:

newpicsofmarderleopard059.jpg

newpicsofmarderleopard072.jpg

newpicsofmarderleopard068.jpg

newpicsofmarderleopard064.jpg

newpicsofmarderleopard067.jpg

newpicsofmarderleopard060.jpg

Its the dogs b*ll*cks that mate :cool2: You will have to get it out for a run when we all meet up for a bash in the spring :clown:

wow, astonished at how clean and glorius it looks! I have a thrid servo for the front brakes alone. But at least for now I think I am going to put the front breaks on the throttle servo, so I can at least use it and later I will sort out the third servo.

Thanks guys.

marderrebuilt2.jpg

marderrebuilt1.jpg

marderrebuilt.jpg

marderrebuilt007.jpg

newpicsofmarderleopard006.jpg

newpicsofmarderleopard050.jpg

newpicsofmarderleopard049.jpg

marderrebuilt005.jpg

daivik the roll cage on the marder i made from 10mm solid steel bar tig

welded it before polishing and getting it nickle plated

the gear cover is stainless steel and i made it from out of a new jaguar

silencer ..............:clown::clown:

as with the rear wing a little oversize by 50mm and mounted on ABS

to stop any radio interference:blush:

there is a titanium rear bumper i made from bits of scrap titanium

i had a friend that worked for british aerospace that used to supply me

wow, astonished at how clean and glorius it looks! I have a thrid servo for the front brakes alone. But at least for now I think I am going to put the front breaks on the throttle servo, so I can at least use it and later I will sort out the third servo.

the third servo is easy to set up mate, leave the front brake rod off and connect the servos with a "y" cable, then turn on the tx and rx and work the brake to check which way the second servo is workin then just connect the rod to the side of the servo that pulls the rod :cool2: easy mate!

let us know how you get on matey :cool2:

+1 Charlie.

Although it might be a little intimidating since its your first time, you will get it and have fun with the buggy.

Chris

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks