Brakes info ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timetoshine

Ok guys, I still need your help. I thought the brakes of my baja were dead so I ordered RCR with the turtle racing brake mount, however once installed, it seems not to brake more than before, can anyone confirm me how to adjust them or assemble the RCR brakes to make sure everything is ok? Big thanks yall

Last edited:
Ok guys, I still need your help. I thought the brakes of my baja was good so I ordered RCR with the turtle racing brake mount, however once installed, it seems not to brake more than before, can anyone confirm me how to adjust them or assemble the RCR brakes to make sure everything is ok? Big thanks yall
theres a little thumb screw/nut/thingy on the end of the servo by the brake lever (atleast if ur running the stock linkage) and you can loosen or tighten it based on if u want more braking power or less, try that

theres a little thumb screw/nut/thingy on the end of the servo by the brake lever (atleast if ur running the stock linkage) and you can loosen or tighten it based on if u want more braking power or less, try that
When I push the brake should I be able to drag the baja with my hands without having the wheels lock down or not ?

im pretty sure yes. thats how it was for my baja. but it depends if you want it to lock up when u brake or it to be linear braking and slow the truck down without skidding to a stop, if that makes sense
Yeah I want it to my a more linear braking but actually at mid throttle it took like 20-25 feets to stop which I think its far from normal ?

Last edited:
yes very good servo....?only if u don't plan on using a rx lipo in ur baj?..which i want to?
yes i been abusing that servo for the last 3 years now with no probs?
Alright yeah no prob on the battery just bought a venom 5000 nimh last week ?

Ok guys, I still need your help. I thought the brakes of my baja were dead so I ordered RCR with the turtle racing brake mount, however once installed, it seems not to brake more than before, can anyone confirm me how to adjust them or assemble the RCR brakes to make sure everything is ok? Big thanks yall

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=hpi+baja+5b+owners+manual FIRST LINK DOWNLOAD IT . :cool: Everything is in there. Also spray a little brake cleaner on the brake rotor . You may have contamintated the rotors with oil or grease when you had it apart .When I took mine on a slow speed test drive I found I didn't have any brakes . Oil from my exhaust had dripped onto the brake rotors and it contaminated them. Brake cleaner took care of the issue.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks