Break-in the CY .29cc BB head

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cub2000

I've just rebuilt my Zenoah .26cc with a CY .29cc BB kit. Is the break-in procedure any different than for the Zenoah .26cc engine such as the oil/gas ratio?

I've also just found out that I didn't pay attention at the dot/mark on top of the piston to be on the exhaust side. Is this okay?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
before you run the engine you can remove the head and look... the dot or mark on the piston goes toward the exhast port

or try to start it ...if it starts your ok :)

Wait, it did start. Without any electronics, exhaust, I pulled the engine and it took a few tries, but it did start.

Should I worry about potential issues in the future and open it anyway or I can safely say that if it starts, I'm okay?

It's a female dog to open the thing up coz I put the red loctite, so if you say I'm okay, then I won't have to do it :)

I think you should check. If it did not mater then their will be no dot,
Try removing the spark plug and with a flash light see if the dot is towards the exhaust.
For the brake in it is the same as the Zen.

Great tips. I looked through the exhaust hole as well as the spark plug hole, there is no dot or mark. The whole surface of the top of the piston is very rough, as in, there are holes everywhere.

Can I say that the Chung Yang .29cc BB kit has no hole or mark on the piston? I'm attaching the image from davesmotor.

Attachments

• cc255ported285kit.jpg
    cc255ported285kit.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I think you should check. If it did not mater then their will be no dot,
Try removing the spark plug and with a flash light see if the dot is towards the exhaust.
For the brake in it is the same as the Zen.

If the dot was backwards it would not start:)

Great tips. I looked through the exhaust hole as well as the spark plug hole, there is no dot or mark. The whole surface of the top of the piston is very rough, as in, there are holes everywhere.

Can I say that the Chung Yang .29cc BB kit has no hole or mark on the piston? I'm attaching the image from davesmotor.

I can see a mark

I spent the night and took it apart. The arrow was heading the exhaust port.

I'm tired at the end, but at least I now have the peace of mind :)

Thank you all for helping.

If the dot was backwards it would not start:)

I was wondering whey it will not start if the don’t in the wrong place. It dos not make since. It should start just fine. The only thing I presume it will wear out faster (Depends on the design of the engine).

I was wondering whey it will not start if the don’t in the wrong place. It dos not make since. It should start just fine. The only thing I presume it will wear out faster (Depends on the design of the engine).

try it.....reverse the piston head.....you wont get the gas flow... your engine wont start

design of the engine:no:....all of the cy and zenoah are designed the same way...they have a intake port and exhaust port.... switch it around 180* you cant start it with your exhaust port:blush:

Last edited:
What do you tern the head or the piston?
Let’s pot it this way the piston dot facing the wrong way engine should start.
Fixing the crab on the exhaust port and exhaust pipe on the intake defiantly it will not start. It will be sucking are throw the exhaust and expelling the are throw the care.

If you flip the piston around most likely the motor could start. The problem would be that the piston ring pin on the side of the piston could allow the ring to snag the exhaust port and tear up the motor. If you look in the intake you will see a droop on the head that extends past the top of the opening. This will not allow the piston ring pin and ends of the ring to expose itself out of the sleeve making sure the ring is always under pressure and seated.

Glad you got it figured and good luck on the new motor!:cool2:

If you flip the piston around most likely the motor could start. The problem would be that the piston ring pin on the side of the piston could allow the ring to snag the exhaust port and tear up the motor. If you look in the intake you will see a droop on the head that extends past the top of the opening. This will not allow the piston ring pin and ends of the ring to expose itself out of the sleeve making sure the ring is always under pressure and seated.

Glad you got it figured and good luck on the new motor!:cool2:

Thank you that what I was trying to say. It will start how long it will be running is deferent issue.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks