Broke my first part - steering knuckle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spackle

Took my Firehammer MT for a spin today and about 10 minutes into it the front left wheel went cockeyed and wobbly. Drove it in and I saw the lower suspension arm was not connected to the steering knuckle. Turns out, the nut embedded into the steering kuckle was completely ripped out leaving a nice ragged hole in the plastic. I am making a Tower order now to get a replacement and will send the part in to Duratrax.

What could have caused this? I was running on the grass fields behind a local school. I flipped it in a corner at medium speed and it tumbled sideways twice and then landed on its feet. Has this ever happened to you?

How often do you strip out steering knuckles. Should I be stocking spares on this?

Heck with it! Go for it! Just buy spares until you can get the alloy upgrades. All the arms will be replaced for you in your purchase agreement warranty from Duratrax!:devil:

Aluminum

I ordered the DTX aluminum steering knuckles, rear hubs and differential from Tower and ordered the AMS steel diff case from DDM. I want to bash!! :) Will probably upgrade the diff and shock supports as they break.

I ordered the DTX aluminum steering knuckles, rear hubs and differential from Tower and ordered the AMS steel diff case from DDM. I want to bash!! :) Will probably upgrade the diff and shock supports as they break.

:cool2: You'll be glad you did!

I got my parts in! Boy those steering knuckles have an ugly purple anodizing on them. The DTX aluminum diff is similar color to the rest of the truck's aluminum, the rear hubs are close in color but have a slight green tint, and the knuckles, well, where did they come up with that color!?

I put the knuckles on as they are, didn't do the easy off thing, I'll do the back-end another time. Tomorrow if it doesn't rain all day I hope to go out and play a little.

The diff case came anodized blue instead of silver as in the photos I've seen. It is also very thick, the same thickness as the AMS steel case. It is a little short to engage the retainer screws so even with the o-rings it is obvious any fluid, even grease, will leak. It does fit very snugly which is good. I was hoping the AMS case would be longer and provide a better fit but it is in fact shorter and larger in diameter so it fits loosely, bummer.

Last edited:
Do the replacement parts have a warranty also? Or do you only get the warranty with the car?

Thanks..
Trip..

I bought a set of out drives and a week later they were trashed. I sent them a photo and they sent me a new pair. I bet they would on a case by case basis. Heck they may just want to get rid of their stock and be done with it. :laugh:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks