Broke the Leopard; :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daivik

hi,

Ok well as the title says there have been some unexpected RC range problems and the Leopard didn't crash but it nudged the wall. So basically the damage is the top right suspension arm has cracked where it connects to the wheel. Was at low speed but it was metal onto the plastic and it snapped.

I think its the ball and socket joint??? but REALLY not sure Here is a pic:
16032010118.jpg

And can someone please :helpsmilie: tell me where I could get the spare for this??

AND ALSO looking at ball and sockets on rossendale models, there is something about M4, and M8 ball and sockets.

Could someone please explain these to me. :boat::helpsmilie:

hi mate im sure thats a m8 thread the ones on you steering arms are m6 i myself would look for the red rose joints that you see on most peoples fgs mcd ect as they are a bit stronger you can get them from ebay from time to time i wouldnt bother with alloy or steel ones as you want to kepp a weak link plus its cheaper to replace these than wishbone ect

going to phone up my local hobby store (heaths rc models) and see if they have any in stock. If not then I will probably order them from rossendale models.

So just to clarify, which M8 or M6 or M4 do i need on the front right steering (thats the one that is broken) because the ball bit is perfectly fine, but its just the plastic one that isn't.

no mate thats not the ones you need the m8 ones thats the one you broke the ones in that link fit rear alloy hubs upper rose joint so you need one m8 rose joint the metal ball will knock out i use a socket and small hammer

right. Thanks a lot! :D

Will probably get them from wheelspinmodels.co.uk

but the only have the normal plastic ones, but they are in a pack of four and there is some other stuff i need from there as well.

its good there in a pack of four you will need some again no doubt plus its always handy to have a few spares i was going to upgrade my plastic rose joints but your better off breaking them than alloy arms keep them as a weak link just have some as spares

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks