Broken dogbone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Booker

Please help. I keep breaking rear dogbones at the diff output. The breaks look like they're cut perfectly straight. My suspension angles look good. It doesn't look like it's a binding issue from too much up or down travel. It is a xt with a g320rc. I have new rear shocks and i hear it could be a rear hopping problem. I've been running on grass mainly when they break. Sometimes left side or right side. It does look like im hopping a bit. Jetpro rear pipe. Lots of weight. Thanks

Attachments

• 20190105_014600.jpg
    20190105_014600.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 6
try looking for a upgrade bone....flm do sum good/resonaby ones.(y)...whats the length of ur bone??
what wt oil u ruining on rear?

Wow isn't that a little personal to be asking him a question like how long is your bone. Some guys are a little shy about these things . You could have at least wined and dined him first .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Sorry I couldn't resist .

try looking for a upgrade bone....flm do sum good/resonaby ones.(y)...whats the length of ur bone??
I just got the FLM dog bones and drive cup and cant even get them installed. The 5mm pins are too big for the slots in the cups so they bind. Going to have to do a little modding on the slots to get them to work

I just got the FLM dog bones and drive cup and cant even get them installed. The 5mm pins are too big for the slots in the cups so they bind. Going to have to do a little modding on the slots to get them to work
Where did you get them? I thought they stopped making them. Lsrc has been out of stock forever. Any opinions on running redcat cva on rear. I have not had any problems with the front after i installed heat shrink tubing.

133mm but I also have been using mt bones which redcat says are 135mm but when you compare side to side they are the same. Running pretty thick oil but can't remember what. But they seem to snap after going straight. I do see the rear end hop a bit so im thinking that maybe the cause but it's weird how they break completely straight like they're cut. I appreciate anyone's opinion. Thanks

What kind of drive cups? I know the ones for the baja that have the closed slots put a lot of strain on pins and dogbones if overextended.

The one i get are for the baja
I thought the baja bones were way too short. I will modify if i have to. I've done a lot of research and can't find anything other than mcd evo dogbones from eBay from Germany but not sure if the evo 2 or 3 front or rear?
What kind of drive cups? I know the ones for the baja that have the closed slots put a lot of strain on pins and dogbones if overextended.
They are the upgraded redcat with welded sleeves and are new with no wear. I can manually move suspension up and down without the dogbones coming close to the cups. I've tried fuel hose and springs in cups with the same problem
I thought the baja bones were way too short. I will modify if i have to. I've done a lot of research and can't find anything other than mcd evo dogbones from eBay from Germany but not sure if the evo 2 or 3 front or rear?

They are the upgraded redcat with welded sleeves and are new with no wear. I can manually move suspension up and down without the dogbones coming close to the cups. I've tried fuel hose and springs in cups with the same problem
Sorry i assumed you had a redcat. The flms for redcat have been gone for some time
For redcat or losi? Flm stopped making them for redcat I guess due to poor sales. Some dumbasses like me are perfectly willing to put thousands of dollars into a redcat if the aftermarket is there.

Last edited:
Does your Outdrive have considerable wear on it? We are noticing that the drive cups with wear tend to shear dogbones more than cups without wear.

Yes frenimy they we're badly worn. I didn't think they were cause i just replaced them with my new 7075 housing.
My new ones seem better like they're harder. Both sets were the 07473 but the previous from redcat and the new ones I got from amazon. If I have problems with these,i may try the 710021.

When the Outdrive is worn and the suspension travels up and down the worn area causes the Dogbone to bind in that area and as the suspension continues to compress is snaps the dogbone in the same place that yours broke

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks