Brushless 5ive build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twissted

XBE5ive021_zps4ce005c3.gif
I will be adding a Losi cage and carbon fiber body to this build. It should be fast and strong. The esc that will be instlled is th castle XL2 esc. also on the way is a Hitech servo. I will keep you posted as the money comes in to pay for all this. Should be around 3 grand all said.

Take a close look!

Nice body.
I hope he's right on that impact absorbance.
The Losi 5ive is very heavy and will hit hard.
Al.

Take a close look at my build it is ultra light! I will be 8 to 10 pounds lighter than a stock Losi.
I should be around 22 lbs. plus the cage and body. I don't know what it weighs, I have never owned a losi 5ive to know. If you guys could shed some light on this. That would be great. I'm building a hybrid so this part of the build I have not delt with.

Last edited:
More custom mods!

RampageXBE054_zpsbeeda779.gif
RampageXBE055_zps25d2f199.gif
RampageXBE056_zps079f1801.gif

This piece is just a rough draft piece. I will be making another piece that fits and looks better, soon.
I also will be buying this body sometime this week.
KGrHqNHJEIEW4wO0ljBQDlTh3w60_58_zps08ead208.gif

I pick up some new tires to try as well they should be here soon.
KGrHqNn8FCrJnw4kBQ13jz4f60_57_zps6c3cb037.gif
KGrHqZrYFEqL8LmBRMeVIlTjQ60_3_zps782e22d5.gif
When tey come in I take them apart and tape around the foam with nylon shipping tape.

XBE5ive047_zpsd2215342.gif
Well it is back to nmaking a new chassis and buying more parts.
I bought some more aluminum and a 220mm front dog bone.
Looks like the cage will be easy to install most of the holes line up.
I still have more parts on the way that mount the cage to the pan.
XBE5ive044_zps9afedef9.gif

I have the new pan cut out I will be putting in the bends like the pan I had before.
I also have been working with some new shocks and there mounds.

Well the tires came in and I really like them both. The losi looking tires are very well made. they have the metal inside the hub area and should make for a long lasting rim with this 10 horse motor. the other rim and tires are nise because they are much smaller in dia. the the proline version that they look like.
XBE5ive034_zps6414b2dd.gif
XBE5ive038_zpscee30006.gif

Last edited:
shocks!

IMG_38971_zpsa31ab213.jpg
here are the old shocks and the new ones. The losi style is much bigger but the same length as the rears. I had to add larger dia. seals to the piggy back barrels so that they would quit blowing out.
I should have it running this week end.:cup-1:

IMG_39011_zps6be6d866.gif
Well it's up and running. You can see the carbon fiber center brace. it is 4mm thick. I turned the shinny side down. I want to add seats and a steering wheel and wanted the inside as dark as possible so that your looking at the interior, and not the back ground.

Well I wrecked the monster! I need a motocross track! I hit a steel post doing and 50 mph. I bent the frame and broke part of the roll cage. I hope the parts come in soon as I signed in for the local parade next week end!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks