Brushless Losi Aftershock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csp1971

I've owned a Losi Aftershock nitro truck now for about 3 years. Like most nitros, it takes a backseat to large scale gas. I was going to sell it, but realized I won't get squat out of it so decided to convert it after running my mini e-revo vxl brushless.

So, I bought a Castle Mamba Monster with 2200kv motor, "the Dude" racing mount, and single speed hub. Ordered a Turnigy 6s 5000mah lipo pack from hobbycity.com and I think I'm almost ready to go.

I'll post up some pics up this weekend. I know....boring.....

+1 Voo.

I like the nitro to electric conversions. I've done one on my car with the same setup as yours and that thing is fast as hell.

Chris

Sounds good Csp...Yeah I got a monster mamba waiting to go in a Rustler maybe...
waiting for pictures......Slawhammer

in my opinion.nitros are crap.love the new electric stuff.brushless is awsome.either 2 stroke true gasoline motor or brushless with lipo electric.

nitro motors never last too long and if they do your running them rich and going through a hell of a lot of glow plugs.not worth it at all.brushless is pretty much maintanance free.plug and play.

Put in a little more work on it. Not much really to do now except some soldering and making a battery tray for the massive 6s 5000mah pack. Using some kydex to form one, seems like it works good for the guys on the rc-monster forum so I'll give it a shot. Other than that, not much else. I hate winter.

that's a really nice looking mount. should be fun to run. and nitro has it's place. some things are just meant to be nitro (like 1/5 motorcycles ;) ) though I am converting my 1/7 nitro car to brushless as well.

Thanks guys. I was kinda burnt on the nitro and after running my brushless mini e-revo, I really wanted to convert this thing. The motor mount, single speed hub, and the pinion collet adapter I bought from www.tdracingrc.com (the dude makes some nice stuff).

voo2doo, get yourself a Losi LST2 for the shocks! ;) The shocks are probably some of the best shocks I've ever used.

maybe i could make this brushless too

hey thats a good idea, you,ve done that nitro truck proud , maybe i could do the same with this tmax it had a picco 26 big block but was ripping the 2speed g,box to bits every outing,,

Attachments

• tmax 003.jpg
    tmax 003.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 5
  • tmax 004.jpg
    tmax 004.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Thanks guys. I can't wait to run it. Still waiting on the material to make a battery tray. I hate it when I order something and it's shipped days later. With as slow as I am anyway, it'll be weeks before I try it.

Pablo, if you want to try out a great brushless, go with a mini e-revo 1/16 vxl. The thing hauls on a 3s. I've beat the snot out of mine and haven't broken a part yet.

Thanks guys. I can't wait to run it. Still waiting on the material to make a battery tray. I hate it when I order something and it's shipped days later. With as slow as I am anyway, it'll be weeks before I try it.

Pablo, if you want to try out a great brushless, go with a mini e-revo 1/16 vxl. The thing hauls on a 3s. I've beat the snot out of mine and haven't broken a part yet.

yea a mate of mine got 1 , with 2 batterys it do,s backflips from a standing start, and hits about 60mph but if i was getting a new traxxas it would have to be a summit he got 1 of them to theres a vid on utube called traxxas summit creak bashing, it shows a summit driving under water now thats wot i call waterproof.

yea a mate of mine got 1 , with 2 batterys it do,s backflips from a standing start, and hits about 60mph but if i was getting a new traxxas it would have to be a summit he got 1 of them to theres a vid on utube called traxxas summit creak bashing, it shows a summit driving under water now thats wot i call waterproof.

hey pablo just had a look! awsome truck can't believe the under water driving :cool2::cool2:

Finished the Kydex battery tray. That stuff is easy to manipulate when the right amount of heat is applied. Cools into position and doesn't bend back.

Not the nicest tray in the world, but I packed some foam under the lipo pack and it doesn't move. Nothing left to do now but set up the speed control, dial a few things in and run it. Hopefully, I don't smoke the speedo.

IMG_7931.jpg

IMG_7929.jpg

IMG_7928.jpg

IMG_7930.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks