Bug Hair Cut!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwarfy

The bug is awesome now in 4wd guise. Just given it a hair cut before the next outing..........
Photo0212.jpg

I had already pulled a hand full or 2 off the wishbones & drive shafts that would have probably doubled the pile :w00t:

Went out again after work but the bash was cut short due to the wet grass. We had a 10 min thunder storm but it didnt actually rain that much then the sun came out again so thought it would be ok.......it tangled round the drive shafts, shocks, carb, steering servos, basically everywhere making it unsafe to run. Not a happy bunny & not looking forward to the clean up. Will wait for the grass to dry now Ive got most of it off then at least it will be easier to manage.
DSC02213.jpg
DSC02211.jpg
DSC02212.jpg
DSC02216.jpg
DSC02218.jpg
DSC02222.jpg

This is how much I pulled out!!
DSC02224.jpg

wicked mate my lawn mower don't collect that much grass lol

i had the on road out today for its special stage tarmac rally run,,what a great laugh trying to keep the bm on the dusty narrow road flat out pure mental fun grass either side of the road and a good 50-100metres of new tarmac and nothing to hit but man it was hard as feck keeping it on the tarmac bit,and we had the sudden rain hit us mate that made things no fun i just couldnt put any power down without spinning out

wicked mate my lawn mower don't collect that much grass lol

i had the on road out today for its special stage tarmac rally run,,what a great laugh trying to keep the bm on the dusty narrow road flat out pure mental fun grass either side of the road and a good 50-100metres of new tarmac and nothing to hit but man it was hard as feck keeping it on the tarmac bit,and we had the sudden rain hit us mate that made things no fun i just couldnt put any power down without spinning out

Sounds like you found a good spot. I need to pick up my road tyres from home then at least I can stay away from the grass when its wet!

Decent lawn mower you've got there!!
Not sure I've ever pulled that much out of my FG MT!!

Al.

Still got the rest of the clean up to look forward to Al. Waiting for it to dry off then might take it to garage & blow it off with the air line. Never again.....until next time :w00t:

Sounds like you found a good spot. I need to pick up my road tyres from home then at least I can stay away from the grass when its wet!

yeah mate first time there with the on road but its in a place where theres not many people to upset and another place you can use a on road but its not a masive area still good fun which is all that matters

yeah mate first time there with the on road but its in a place where theres not many people to upset and another place you can use a on road but its not a masive area still good fun which is all that matters

You need some rally tyres for the on road & a 6R4 shell :w00t:

I need to get 1 of them key chain cams & take some vids. Was going to order 1 a while back but never got round to it for some reason.

was ok on the slicks i had once warmed up but as soon as you hit the sand/dust it was spinning round and on the grass i loved it great fun,

6r4 would be wicked mate but im running a lwb car so it wouldnt look right

I can sympathize mate. Here in Florida we get sand in every nook and cranny. It is really bad when it gets wet. The wet stuff likes to stick and then turns into cement when dry. (sheesh) I wonder if you could dry the grass with a hair drier then just blow it out of the chassis. Unwrapping around the axles is always a pain. I have spanish moss that falls from the trees and gets tangled in the axles. Kinda the same situation. Good luck with the clean-up.

I can sympathize mate. Here in Florida we get sand in every nook and cranny. It is really bad when it gets wet. The wet stuff likes to stick and then turns into cement when dry. (sheesh) I wonder if you could dry the grass with a hair drier then just blow it out of the chassis. Unwrapping around the axles is always a pain. I have spanish moss that falls from the trees and gets tangled in the axles. Kinda the same situation. Good luck with the clean-up.

Its pretty much done now. I got most of it out then left it over night to dry off & the rest came out easy enough. There is still a bit in there but nothing that is going to cause any problems. It will probably blow off on the next run :D

was ok on the slicks i had once warmed up but as soon as you hit the sand/dust it was spinning round and on the grass i loved it great fun,

6r4 would be wicked mate but im running a lwb car so it wouldnt look right

It might if you make it a little wider - QuarterScale then!!
NICE!!
Marder spikes mightn't look out of place then ....

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks