Burst shock body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoogity Woogums

So I traded my axial yeti and traxxas t-maxx for a baja 5b, and I noticed the rear was extremely springy. Like, shouldn't be like that at all springy. There was something greasy on the shock sock and the arm was greasy too. I take off the shock sock and the long spring and the bottom of the shock body is ruptured and I'm not sure what to replace, as I've always run 1/10 electric and have always wanted a baja since I was a kid.

EDIT: I haven't run this thing yet

Attachments

• Popped.jpg
    Popped.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 19
the fronts have plenty of dampening squish and work like normal, the shock in question is...driver side rear? Left rear? Anyways. The opposite side doesn't seem to have dampening either but it doesn't look at tortured. May just need refilling. Are these shocks big enough to warrant a bit of teflon tape?

the fronts have plenty of dampening squish and work like normal, the shock in question is...driver side rear? Left rear? Anyways. The opposite side doesn't seem to have dampening either but it doesn't look at tortured. May just need refilling. Are these shocks big enough to warrant a bit of teflon tape?
only if they leak...buy I`d use sum ae green slime on any seals u gota replace..;)

Not necessarily scared of them, just worried about quality. I know integy makes large scale stuff and I know aaaallll about them from 1/10 scale mishaps

Not necessarily scared of them, just worried about quality. I know integy makes large scale stuff and I know aaaallll about them from 1/10 scale mishaps
You can buy just the shock bodies, pull the part number from the manual and do a quick search. They are sold in pairs and not very pricey. I would also recommend the end cap set posted earlier. Shocks that are run empty like that tear up o-rings and seals. Baja stock shocks are filled & bled from the bottom that's why there is vertical grooves through the threads so, not tape at bottom. Hope this helps.

I was already planning on going the cheaper route, plus it gives me the chance to learn how these monster shocks work. Hopefully not too different from 1/10. Are piggyback caps and reservoirs worth it?

So I traded my axial yeti and traxxas t-maxx for a baja 5b, and I noticed the rear was extremely springy. Like, shouldn't be like that at all springy. There was something greasy on the shock sock and the arm was greasy too. I take off the shock sock and the long spring and the bottom of the shock body is ruptured and I'm not sure what to replace, as I've always run 1/10 electric and have always wanted a baja since I was a kid.

EDIT: I haven't run this thing yet
That a rovan shock, probably a 6 mm shaft. Buy a pair of shocks and upgrade to 8mm shafts. I would also by shock limiting straps, so that does not happen again

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks