buy new motor or hop up existing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ash3

I have the stock 23 cc motor in my desert buggy. Just looking for opinions and ideas on what everyone thinks. I purchased the bartalone pipe and made a huge difference. Carb swap? Air filter swap? All ideas welcome.

Run it and save and build what you want look and read teck sheets and don't believe all you here on here everyone is a expert on here and there motor is the best including me in that group get what you want or like that's why this sport is so good you can make a mistake and not brake the bank . But make sure your having fun.

I've heard the stock engine with the bartalone pipe makes for a nice ride but if you're looking to upgrade then I'm sure the 28.5cc GP290 would make for a nice upgrade in that DBXL!

DDM has a really good price on that motor right now, you should check it out The GP290 is a good motor and it won't set you back a small fortune .He is right don't believe everything you read we all have our own opinions on these things, get what you like and like he said just have fun :)

Last edited:
I have the stock 23 cc motor in my desert buggy. Just looking for opinions and ideas on what everyone thinks. I purchased the bartalone pipe and made a huge difference. Carb swap? Air filter swap? All ideas welcome.

I just received my oneil 30.5 with bartolone pipe I guess it all depends how much you want to spend

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 33
I just received my oneil 30.5 with bartolone pipe I guess it all depends how much you want to spend

I wasn't happy with the sticker and bartalone.... I'm one that cant leave well enough alone..
So i also bought a obr 30.5 prostock. How long did it take to get the motor?

I put one of my OBR Reeds in it and got a new Widowmaker 38 with the pipe they sell for the 5ive. That won't see action till spring, but after a complete tear down a whole bunch of bits we're going out for a test, wheel extenders, DGI push rods, clutch case with the RB fan remodeled radio box, kill switch, she should be good to find what's going to break next.

Motor looks tight! Digging all the red anodized parts

How does that ddm billet air cleaner fit with the cage on? Any pics?

Fits great with plenty of clearance 2 stage filter if the weather is ok I hope to fire it up soon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 22
I wasn't happy with the sticker and bartalone.... I'm one that cant leave well enough alone..
So i also bought a obr 30.5 prostock. How long did it take to get the motor?

I received it within a week after ordering it I had one in my losi 5 and loved it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 20
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks