Bypass holes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTModIT

Hi, Has anybody drilled more bypass holes in the rear shocks of the KM Baja. HPI have 12 or 16. My KM has ony 2. my KM is a early version. They might of done that to the next gen ones.Thanks.

I would try different oils to see if you get the dampening you are looking for. I run between 15 and 20. The stuff that came in the V1 was thick like engine oil. It can be done as in the FG's. But try one hole at a time. It will also make you run a thicker oil if you get too many.

Thanks,I used the same oil as the HPI baja. The 40 wt still seems a little stiff on the front the rears I drilled 2 extra holes and put in 5 wt.They move real nice now. I did notice the holes were not a clean drill. Little burrs around the holes.I cleaned them out.

Hi,I looked closer at the shock bottom cap and found the shaft was binding with the cap.So what I did was drill the hole slightly bigger then added a o-ring on the inside of the cap. I assembled it added 5 wt oil. It worked. No binding.I did the same to the fronts . I put in 40 wt oil . The fronts are a little stiff so I will try 20 wt, and maybe 15 wt in the rear. Were the shocks that bad on the V1.Thanks .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks