C-Hubs issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andi

I'm well gutted. First thing to break after a track session on Sunday.

Yet again the front drive shaft popped but this time it total'd the C-Hub. Split it clean though the bottom.

Looks like this Drive Shaft poping out issue is gonna be a pain in the A$$

Trying to get prices on CNC and more plastic ones but the CNC's are looking well pricey! :blink:

Oh Joy

Hoping NuTechRacing can help out :)

I believe hes talking about the tb2 ,this is sold in the uk under the name punisher
Hi Andi how long have you bean driving on track s and have you got a picture of your set up i had this my fg 4wd mt one off the reasons why the drive shaft keeps popping out is the turnbuckles are out i think you will need to turn them in a touch i have done this on my car and have had no problem's since
try that it should solve it

Sorry, didn't mention it was the FTX Punisher.

@Sickboy

Good call. Didn't think of that!!

I've ordered up a new pair of C-Hubs and I'll make sure I give the turnbuckles a tweak both sides.

Cheers, I'll keep you informed

Like sickboy said turn in the turnbuckles. what i also did that helped tremendously was to put a rubber grommet inside the cup it will eliminate the dogbone slop and not pop out anymore.
Lastly, you can also limit your servo travel a tad so your wheels don't turn quite as much, but that is a last resort i don't like to do that much.

Chris

I also turned in the turnbuckles and it handles better anyhow with more neg camber. after seeing and checking out the universal shafts and outdrive (057530) on the pro in person i'd recommend them as a future upgrade...they allow full lock and are super smooth even at full lock...a very worthwhile upgade...I've asked Chris to make some longer ones for the MT as well

Tried to tweak the turnbuckles on the front to the point where it was not going to compress the shafts.
I've found that when the steering is at full lock that there is still enough of the dogbone to fall out of the cup.
I've decided to upgrade them to the CVD's (FTX7530) which will obviously avoid this in future and stop it cracking the C-Hubs when they fall out.
Shame these are not standard as it's obvious that this is a problem which will not go away without loosing lock on the steering.
As I run it on a track, sharp corners are unavoidable so loosing steering lock is not an ideal solution.
I'll get some pix posted once I get them.

Ya Rob, I am doing the earplug mod myself. the dif has a spring inside that pushes against the outdrive to assist this but I think the ear plugs will also help. I just bought a package too when they repaired my furnace. on graveyards and came home to a cold house. didn't get much sleep time so sent the girls off to buy me earplugs. didn't help with the sleep but I have spares for the rc now hehe

I tried the fuel pipe but it didn't seem to last. Didn't think of earplugs though.. I can get them from work :D

Might give them a whirl until the CVD's turn up!

don't put anything in the outdrive cup or you'll make the problem worse, just the diff side...i haven't had a pop out since adjusting the camber...however the cvd's are way smoother and allow for much more lock (as i found out at Nuremberg where I could fiddle with stuff for a couple of hours)...I'm waiting for a set for my MT.
The pro series has them standard

It would be nice if we could get the Pro model in the UK but as yet, we cant :(

If I could get a Pro, I'd be running it as much as I can at as many tracks as I could.

I think it is taking it's time to get recognition in the UK.

@mooman007uk

Has the issue with the arm from the Steering servo hitting the front drive shaft be resolved?
I cant remember which direction it hits it from memory but on the standard setup, I cant see how this can be avoided without redesigning the arm??

change the bent steering rod thing and use a spacer under the ball end. problem solved. just looking at mine as I read. and saw Mike's mod using an fg steering link. moo ground a bit on the ball end so it can reach full lock where it would hit.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks